Updated ECU`s M1000

carson1010

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if i'm having the same problem with my 08 m1000. I just got it Oct of 09 and they did the updates to it before I told it and I went out for a ride and when I crack it open and let off the gas and hit it again it revs to about 6400 rpms and cann't pull anymore then that and sometimes I hit the gas it's fine just wondering if it's the update that is causing the problem I called the dealer where I got it and they said to bring it back and reflash the ECU should i be doing that or am I just wasting me time with that Thanks Carson

CRFSummit

Reaction score
Had my ecu from my 09 m1000 reflashed and bog is gone.Took under two weeks. Carson1010, if I were you I would send it in, while the snowz the shits!!
Listen to whatdafook he knows his stuff!!

carson1010

Reaction score
Hey thanks for reply I talked to them and they said it will take about 1 hour they can reflash the ecu right there at there shop in lac la bishe so I'll let u know what happens from it, I'll on Thursday to go to the mountains and stopping in at the shop to get it done thanks again

Nadz

Reaction score
OK...To all you guys out there having issue's with your M1000 that has a bog below 6200rpm...(about 300 rpm before the power valves open).. Get your dealer to send the ECU back to A/CAT and have it reflashed again. I have done it with 3 ecu's and i have three happy customers... And if you are running any kind of pipe..turn your idle screw in HALF a turn..IT keeps that bottom end from loading up...By the way..ditch the V-Force reeds and buy Boyesen Rage Cage reeds..It will keep you from replacing pedals evry 1000 miles..

My dealer is waiting on my decision... Buy a boon docker, or send ECU to Cat? I've got the Y pipe & MBRP can. I've been stubborn about buying the boon docker. If all these sleds need a boon docker to run properly, then Cat should be footing the bill. I'm getting really sick of this.
Of course... The best sled I ever owned, got stolen in Revy. No one wants this one that I'm fighting with for 3 years. :realmad::confused:rant:::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

g man

Reaction score
I have the factory 2008 mapping, I didnt get the 2009 mapping like Cat wants us too. Whats the advantages / disadvantages to the 2009 mapping? I know i will have to re adjust me Boondocker if i get the new updated mapping. Sometimes there mapping also includes timing curves. I wonder if the 09 is more aggressive? or maybe de tuned? If someone knows the facts cn they help me out and otheres... Thanks, I have speedwerx pipe kit, B/D box, larger air intake.
Jason
Ya if it is working good leave alone or you just will have to dial it in again !!! got an 08 m 1000 snopro with out the boon box it helped me some ? but it's still not 100%but i need a box or regulator but i'v changed intake and can cluching ex ! so if it's not stock the reprogram won't help you !!

g man

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my '07. If I'm sidehilling ditches out here at about 5000rpm for thirty seconds or so and let off then get back on it, it bogs down to an almost stall. Almost put me over the bars a few times! At WOT it seems to scream and run awesome. I think the previous owner had a fuel controller on it maybe, and took it when he sold the sled, there's a speedwerx pipeset, SLP airbox mod, V-force 3's, and brand new powervalve cables. I just picked up a digatron and have my boondocker box on order. I was told it should help by pulling fuel out of the mapping at around 3000rpm. Any other boxes won't pull fuel, only add fuel, with the exception of the power commander 5 I think. I'll post what happens with it. After i get everything hooked up and get a few test runs in.
make sure it's not your throtel safey shut off shuting down for a sec had mine do it a couple of times when off and on the go fast triger they are such a problem that cat stuck the wire out of wire lume dealer showed me it when new and said just cut it and kill swith still works but that was in an emergency if totall dead i think ? ? make sure you don't have to much cable slack on throtel cable !it's still nice to have shut off if you need it i havn't had to cut mine yet just ajusted the stack on throtel no more than 1/4" 1/8" seams good

carson1010

Reaction score
Hey I was having some issues with my M1000 with only going to about 6200-6400 rpms and I checked alot of things on it and I couldn't find the problem so I took to LLB sporting goods and they worked on it. And it came down to the fuse that is under the hood had currotion on it and not getting the rite voltage so that was the problem with that but still has a bog in the mid range but i was told u can only flash the ECU twice does anyone know of that Thanks Carson

hammer396

Reaction score
bought a non current 2008 m1000 from dons sp this year, put on a y pipe and a can, f1000 air horn, runs great! all reflashes done, couldn't be happier with this sled.

maelstrom57

Reaction score
Guys, I'm a bit of a nobbie so be patience but it seems there is a great disparity between how everyones stock M1 is running. Looks as if there are many possibilities, fuel pressure, oil rate, ecu's, etc. We then throw some mods at it and try to use someone's existing map to fix a problem where we don't know exactly what is causing the bog. It seems as if every machine needs to be setup individually with their own unique map. A bit of a needle in a haystack procedure. Are we not better to eliminate each potential issue individually? Firstly, check fuel pressure, secondly, oil, then f/a ratio based on a known working clutch setup???

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. If your sled runs good i would leave it alone. The updates did not seem to hurt WOT performance but both my brother and my 08 M1000 (stock with can) sleds seemed to load up and run poorly at times. Dealer told me my warranty would be void without updates. Would not install the updates if i could do it over again.

the reflash is the worst thing i did my sled pulls great at WOT but bottom and mid it loads up i wish i would have left it alone now i have to spend more to remedy this problem but i guess when im done ill be smiling

camocat

Reaction score
This is a good post. I thought I was going crazy with my 08 m1000.Since the update my sled just has not run well and loads up.the dealer says its not the update.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a good post. I thought I was going crazy with my 08 m1000.Since the update my sled just has not run well and loads up.the dealer says its not the update.

stock mine had a bit of bog, put pipe kit and boondocker, adjusted boondocker at every rpm. No bog. just needed to program my own sled. No two sleds are the same that is why so many issues, My boondocker #`s will most likely not work in the next sled. Oh yah check your power valve cables. with them unhooked they should be 34.5 mm from end of cable sheath to where the ball starts. Mine were out big time from factory. You will have major bog if one cable is out or STICKING.

MSM

Reaction score
I have a 2009 m1000 with slp pipe package ,vforce reeds and cuttler secondary kit.... I put slp's numbers in boondocker box but was wondering if there was better numbers...?

Top Bottom