Up your game polaris

TGS

Reaction score
I was out for a ride today in the fresh dump of snow we had over the past day after fixing a bent A arm. Snow was great. Sled was runnin great. Weather was nice. After 10km I noticed my left ski was sitting farther back then the right ski. Upon inspection I found the weld on the lower shock mount had let go and the A arm was bent. Great! I barely made it from the truck and had to go back, load up and drive an hour home.

NO it was not rider abuse. I didnt hit any jumps, slam into any big holes or nail a big ol' stump.

So now that I've lost all the hardware off the shock and will be buying the 4th A arm now, I plan on welding some reinforcement on it before it even gets put on this time.

To say the least, its getting old. :rant:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is season six on my IQ chassis and I haven't bent one a-arm yet. Just how careless are you riding ????? If you're bending one a-arm after another, you may want to take a look at how you're using the machine.

TGS

Reaction score
as ntoed in the post before i was not riding carelssly. i have 2 other buddies that have the same problem. 2 out of the four A arms i can for sure were caused by hitting something but the other 2 i have no idea.

mountainview

Reaction score
Have you tried Polaris? That sounds like defect welds. I wonder if they would do anything for you. I've got an '09 700 rmk and haven't had any issues yet.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres got to be more to the story. I can't see how the a-arm would just bend. Out of our group of 5 polaris we have bent 3 a-arms in the last 2 years. And they have all been from hitting rocks, hard.

Last edited:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup no problems on my 09 D800 or my wifes 09 RMK700.I took her RMK out yesterday and put 65 hard miles on it .I hit many creeks and a few small trees,A arms are all fine

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you have bent 4 "A" arms and now the weld breaks? Think one issue has something to do with the other, just wondering.

Trench:eek:

TGS

Reaction score
unless some gremlin has been bending them with a sledge hammer i dunno how its happening.

ElectroTech

Reaction score
By chance do you have your sled in the back of a pickup with the tailgate up, that likes to wreck a-arms. I ripped mine at the welds on my assault after lightly touching a rock, it sucked bad, so weak, never even hurt the shock or tie-rod.

TGS

Reaction score
back of the truck with the tailgate up will do it?
thats all I ever do for transport......

ElectroTech

Reaction score
Kind of like hammering it into a ditch repeatedly, your suspension can't absorb the jolts once it's at a sharp angle, just look at it next time you have it in there. Weakens the welds.

TGS

Reaction score
Well I'll be..... haha I never would have thought .Thanks for the tip .

Top Bottom