Up grade steering post on 15 xm

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to put the skinz steering post relocator kit on. Its supposed to move handle bars 2in ahead so that steering post and rise are lined up

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Pete. I really don't understand this mod unless you want to go towards the polaris/cat flat steering angle. The angle of your riser block should be inline with the angle of your steering post (maaaybe forward a tiny bit but...) Maintaining this angle gives the best feel and geometry to ride the XM (IMO) Most people I have heard complaining about the doo geometry have there post jacked so far forward that it creates a horrible angle at the intersection of the post and the riser block, which would make your sled ride like a stoned buffalo.

These are just my thoughts. Either way I highly recommend just giving it a chance for a few hundred Kms. The XM is super rider forward as it is.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Mine used to be straight up now it's just passed aligned an works great. I couldn't imagine pushing it 2 inches further forward on a sled that is already the most rider forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's the new rider fell forward rag dolled it to the bottom design.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that you have to cut the stock air box to make this fit as well.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the xp needs the forward kit, so it's like a xm

If u move the steering farther than the stock xm, u will have to stand on the control arms

Mabe Pete is talking about the xp kit

Then yes Pete, worth all the work involved , and it's lots, air box being a major pita to mould right for clearance

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a Doo ambassador who moves his XM post even further forward. Hmmmm.....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can only pray skidoo does not follow suit

I doubt they will. Doesn't seem they are all too interested in his changes. There will always be someone who prefers something slightly different than the next guy. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong. Well unless your on a new Cat.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like this? So He moves the post forward and then puts on a short riser, and sets it back so it clears the windshield?? LOL

730_1600.jpg
There is a Doo ambassador who moves his XM post even further forward. Hmmmm.....

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put in on my 14 and liked it. Im 6ft 2 so my riser angle was not good, now it straight in line with my steering post and dont any taller riser CURTIS if we ride together this winter ill let you ride mine.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh, I'm 6.2 also Pete,

My 14 xmx is the first sled ever that the height is stock with no ape hangers block in it

It's just the right height, was going to get the adjuster riser, but don't think I need it

Mine is a xmx with the pro taper tired up bars, might make a difference compaired to a sp with flat style

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt they will. Doesn't seem they are all too interested in his changes. There will always be someone who prefers something slightly different than the next guy. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong. Well unless your on a new Cat.

I really dont understand why they are sponsoring the guy? What are they getting for their sponsorship dollar? An old guy that clearly shows that he doesnt like the way the stock sleds are, and then does zero promotion for the brand. I havent heard a peep since he signed on with skidoo.....not that I would really care what he says. I think that money would be put to better use on the demo programs that they are doing.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heck don't ask me why they pay him. I am sure there is a lot more going on then most of us see. But I understand how it works for him as I am pretty
much the same height as Brett.

Cuso that is a good shot. There are some other things I have seen on his sleds as well. If it didn't have the small riser bringing the bars back it wouldn't work. The pivot point on the XM is still not where it needs to be. The weight is too centered over the bulk head. The skis are still too far back which causes the sled to wash out or not be as predictable.

I am not saying it is horrible. It is much better than we have had on the XP and obviously the XM is easier to ride but there are still improvements to be had.

I predict the skis will be 2-3" further forward in a few years. They tried a little with the XM spindles. Picture the spindles being even further ahead. The sled would attack completely different. Everyone seems to get hung up on the skid location points. Forget the skid. Look to stretch out the sled more.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They better not move the skis forward I'll have to buy a new trailer!!! Lol

Baaaaaaaaaaaa , ya no sh!t

Sleds will be over the back of the deck and illegal then

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless your deck is 12 feet long your sled is over your deck already is it not?
Yes but if the skis to forward, then to clamp it down goes back, 4 inchs forward in spindle may be 6 inchs back depending on where the ski bolt is

Last edited:
Top Bottom