Under Hood rad re locate

buzzednbored

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a re locate with their 700s and eliminated the air box? Just wondering how it works. I am thinking about moving my air box and then putting my rad kind of where it was. Any input would be appreciated.:beer:

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have done this you do not even have to move the air box we kept the stock rad and fan in place and picked up a used rad/fan combo mine is out of a kvf 700mounted it in front of airbox ran it last season and seemed to work well extra cooling capacity as well as sitting higher therefore eliminating the airlocking issues also mounted a temp gauge you do not need the kit for a rhino a $40 princess auto 1 works fine justinstall a T on top rad hose as close to eng as possible. i have ordered a mair hood scoop to allow extra air flow it did work great but always goin for better also rigged in a fan override switch and we generally just turn them on in summer they still do get dirty but no overheating issues so far (last season) also carry a 12v bilge pump they cost about $40 at princess auto just plug into cigarette lighter drop pump in stream whule having a break and rinse the rads out will try to post some pics

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be interested in some pictures as I am looking into this on my 660, but will be moving the front rad instead of adding a second one.

buzzednbored

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want to get a second rad, I would like to just re arrange under my hood and maybe mount the rad up where my air box originally sits. Not sure if it can be done. I haven't had any problems yet but have been told to expect it.

Top Bottom