unbelievable

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What seems to be conveniently forgotten is the 1.8 million acres of woodlands that burned last year in the Richardson backcountry north of Ft. McMurray, misplacing the bears. This was the largest burn in Alberta over 60 years. Compounding the issue was the poor year it was for berries, etc. There were more bears seen on and around some of the worksites than ever before. j/s

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can attest to that my boyfriend works in fort Mac and there as been two beard hanging about his shop for quire a while

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This story has been front page of the papers here all week. Apparently they were doing some logging and the den got disturbed and the mother bear took off. One of the loggers called his wife to come get the cubs and take them to the wildlife park here in Kamloops. The wildlife park in Smithers said they would take them and care for them till they could be returned to the wild. They were already making the arrangements to get them transported up there when the decision was made by the government to put them down. I'm not sure if it was the city or the provincial government who made the decision. They were found in the area around Highland Valley Copper Mine in Logan Lake. It sure has alot of people in an uproar around here. It's sad that there was a place for them to go but the useless govt. was to stupid to make it happen.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This story has been front page of the papers here all week. Apparently they were doing some logging and the den got disturbed and the mother bear took off. One of the loggers called his wife to come get the cubs and take them to the wildlife park here in Kamloops. The wildlife park in Smithers said they would take them and care for them till they could be returned to the wild. They were already making the arrangements to get them transported up there when the decision was made by the government to put them down. I'm not sure if it was the city or the provincial government who made the decision. They were found in the area around Highland Valley Copper Mine in Logan Lake. It sure has alot of people in an uproar around here. It's sad that there was a place for them to go but the useless govt. was to stupid to make it happen.

And yet the govt. is spending over $750,000 to transplant Caribou for the wolves and cougars to eat. Go figure.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yet the govt. is spending over $750,000 to transplant Caribou for the wolves and cougars to eat. Go figure.

ya kinda silly really,,, save the caribou,,, kill the bears... like really could they not have given the bears some time,, a stray cat gets to live 30 days before its killed and they put the babie bears down in like what a few days?

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the bears were put down within a few hours of them being brought to the wildlife park

Fullstroke

Reaction score
This just makes me sick,shame on them for being so callous.
here is the story.......
my sister in law's cousin found 2 orphaned baby bears yesterday, tried to do the right thing by taking them to the wildlife/rehabilitation zoo in Kamloops.Was told they would try to do best by them..then, her cousin heard of the bear rescue society in Smithers that said they would take them and pay all costs....so she called the zoo to tell them, and they informed them they had already put them down! Apparently it was a decision made by the city....Shame on them!!! Cant believe this $$it!

This happens on a today of International Bear Day. I guess Global News is on its way to interview them.

Here is a picture:

View attachment 123164

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
The one comment of "it's not like the bears are endangered" (this from memory of reading the story earlier this week) as an excuse that it is okay to kill 145 bears. Man needs to do a way better job of deterence.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Worry not, they are going to spend some more money to poison the wolves so the caribou do well!

Read this one too. Humans are pretty messed up and stupid. I find it hard to believe that biologists think this is okay. The wolves are not endangering the caribou, it is the human industry that is damaging the habitat. The wolves will move away or there will be less off them once their prey are low in numbers and harder to find to eat. Then (in non human animal world) the caribou will bounce back in numbers because the predators are gone. And so the cycle continues.

Top Bottom