unbelievable!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my son is starting his 2 year instrument techs training in September and he will get all the training possible and not forge anything.
Skidded a whole crew of fake instrument techs from Quebec once, had nice forged documents and everything.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my son is starting his 2 year instrument techs training in September and he will get all the training possible and not forge anything.
Trade schools in western Canada really ramped up seats to meet and exceed industry demands.

These students need to be at the pro pipeline rallies as right now it's a tough go for a new graduate. Everyone wants a 30 year old tech with 20 years experience.

The good thing about instrumentation is you are not tied to the oilfield or Alberta.

rgashkei

Reaction score
totally agree with you.

Seen a picture on Facebook taken a few days later at the same time. Sun could have been an issue, especially if he had dirty windows. Have heard that intersection is not easy to see at the best of times.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought most truckers pull over to check loads and equipment until sun has moved from line of sight.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a picture on Facebook taken a few days later at the same time. Sun could have been an issue, especially if he had dirty windows. Have heard that intersection is not easy to see at the best of times.
Except for the fact he was headed north.....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know everyone is thinking it...just like me....when the wreck happened and we heard it was a semi and a bus, we all just knew who the driver of the semi was going to be. If/when it turns out to be his fault, we better see some action on clamping down on the types of licensing agencies that this thread was started to point out....

Frick, if it wasn't for these types of agencies, Highway Through Hell (the show) wouldn't have enough action to make a show....

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think the news said this was the truck drivers first solo run after 2 weeks of training with a co pilot.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agree Dave! Two weeks ago we had a 53 ft tractor trailer show up at my office with an immigrant driver. He comes to the office and I asked him whats up. He said in a very broken English that he came to deliver my cargo. I told him to show me the B/L. As I thought, he did not pay attn to the instructions as it was supposed to be delivered to Kelowna not Armstrong which clearly showed on the B/L. I walked away and thought we are in a whole lot of hurt that he can drive a big 53 ft trailer around but cannot understand/read very simple instructions. Then the gong show started watching him back out of the office drive way LOL. I have no issues with people working like he does but I do have issues when they cant speak the language or read basic instructions.

I know everyone is thinking it...just like me....when the wreck happened and we heard it was a semi and a bus, we all just knew who the driver of the semi was going to be. If/when it turns out to be his fault, we better see some action on clamping down on the types of licensing agencies that this thread was started to point out....

Frick, if it wasn't for these types of agencies, Highway Through Hell (the show) wouldn't have enough action to make a show....

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

100%

And the government needs to start clampimg down on these guys.

It's a snowball effect.

They cut corners on training, licenses, insurance and maintenance.

Bid jobs at below ligit trucking companies cost because they are following the rules.

Top Bottom