Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup.......NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave the name of the day alone.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mad? WTF for? It's not a great idea but it sure isn't worth getting worked up about. It's a friggin petition.......that won't go anywhere..... Who cares?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Mad? WTF for? It's not a great idea but it sure isn't worth getting worked up about. It's a friggin petition.......that won't go anywhere..... Who cares?

But that's part of the problem. People got to care and get their dander up.

Look at Christmas holidays, Easter, the Lord's Prayer, and all the other things that Canadians have given up because of political correctness and being laid back and not really putting up a "it you don't like it, move" kind of attitude.

I have absolutely nothing against any of the Aboriginal cultures but to lump them in with Queen Victoria's birthday celebration is not "Canadian", IMHO. That is not the way it is and not the way that day is celebrated, period.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When people are trying to change our traditions it does actually make me mad. I will call it being a proud Canadian.

National Aboriginal Day is June 21/13 and I have no problem with that. Today is and should remain to be called Victoria Day in honour of our queen. Enjoy your holiday people! I am!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Look at Christmas holidays, Easter, the Lord's Prayer, and all the other things that Canadians have given up because of political correctness and being laid back and not really putting up a "it you don't like it, move" kind of attitude.

I have absolutely nothing against any of the Aboriginal cultures but to lump them in with Queen Victoria's birthday celebration is not "Canadian", IMHO. That is not the way it is and not the way that day is celebrated, period.

Amen brother.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When people are trying to change our traditions it does actually make me mad. I will call it being a proud Canadian.

National Aboriginal Day is June 21/13 and I have no problem with that. Today is and should remain to be called Victoria Day in honour of our queen. Enjoy your holiday people! I am!
No, if they petitioned to get another national stat holiday added to the calendar, that is something I could get behind. Call that whatever they want, but don't change a current tradition (especially to that ridiculously awkward name).

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What have we lost? You can't celebrate Christmas or Easter the way you want to? A bunch of people whining about chit that doesn't matter.
What isn't Canadian? A British monarch, long dead? Or the people that were here long before Europeans set foot on this Continent? As for the lords prayer, you want your kids to pray, have them do it at home or Church...
I love arguing....... :)

Last edited:

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong with the lords prayer in class if anything we need that instead of passing out condoms like the school in town was,the only reason people hated it was because of the boat people i say to anybody if you dont like canada then get the f out

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what friggin moron is proposing this, leave victoria day/ may long alone, seems we have been honouring the native people once every month four a friggin hundred years, don't think they appreciate us, appreciating them, anymore. do they? where do we send our thoughts on this disgusting BS. petition.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bout Victoria's Secret Day?

thCA2XMPSJ.jpg

Remoth

Reaction score
We have a queen?!?!?!

Keep the personal beliefs at home. Those as such should be done in the privacy of your abode. You have the freedom to believe whatever, just don't be sticking it in my face.

Remoth

Last edited:
Top Bottom