Uconnect app

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if the UCONNECT app will be made available in Canada? Really tired of the factory remote in my truck. Considering going aftermarket unless the app will be available in the near future.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no known plan to bring Uconnect to Canada. On top of that, I do not believe you could add the service to a Canadian vehicle as the hardware is different. Have a look at the US Uconnect roof antennas.

I cannot bring myself to spend $1000+ to add an aftermarket system.

And then there is this

The Uconnect Access system in your vehicle operates on a CDMA wireless network which supports services in Canada. Please know that Canada's CDMA wireless network will be discontinued between now and December 31, 2016. As a result, Uconnect Access services may no longer function the next time you visit in Canada. Accessibility to operate on the CDMA wireless network in Canada had previously been offered as a courtesy to subscribers while temporarily outside of the U.S. These changes will not have an impact to the accessibility of Uconnect Access services in the U.S. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The UConnect hardware uses a Sprint cellular connection, of which is not available in Canada since 2005 or so.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pissed me off big time with my last two dodges. I have the chev version now and love it. Even with the demo on star ending I can still use the chev app to start my truck for 5 years.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya not having the app is a big pi$$ off for the dodges. Think even ford is offering a cell phone remote start now.
I went with a drone on my 2500 cummins. It was pricey but god it is convenient in the winter time. And not stuck with that stupid 15min runtime on the factory one.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Titan app starter for my cummins. Think it was around 700.00 instaled and $65 a year for subscription. Mine runs half hour.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if the UCONNECT app will be made available in Canada? Really tired of the factory remote in my truck. Considering going aftermarket unless the app will be available in the near future.

I have it in Canada, just by creating an American iTunes account. It is an absolute waste of time. The remote communication features always "fail". Don't waste your time. Either use the factory or go with the viper if you wanna use a mobile app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hacked UConnect only lets you do email. Won't start the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have AutoConnect on my duramax, $5 a month. Works everywhere you can get cell service almost. It runs off Rogers cell service. Can also upgrade to a $10 a month which has GPS tracking, movement notifications, out of bounds limits, and everything.

I can can deactivate my starter so it won't start until activated again. And I still have the 1 way remote start like a normal command start. But the cell phone option worked the best for me because my truck is parked outside at work in the winter and I work all over the city so won't be in range with the handheld. I started my truck when I was in Jamaica just because.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pissed me off big time with my last two dodges. I have the chev version now and love it. Even with the demo on star ending I can still use the chev app to start my truck for 5 years.

A little off topic but how fast is the new OnStar mobile app? I found on my 2013 that it can take a couple minutes for something as simple as a door unlock to finish executing.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Door lock is slow. The remote start takes about 20 seconds or so. Try the chev app. It is better then the on star app. Has more info

Top Bottom