Turbo's and the 800 e-tec

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of companies are attempting it but havent heard any positive advancements and it has been a few months now. there are some rummored turbo 600 etecs.

basically the computer system and the injection system cant handle the extra capacity of fuel required. which means piggy back injectors would need to be added with throttle bodies, bye bye etec so whats the point?

turbo boyz has one in their shop and are working at getting one going. im sure they will figure something out.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of companies are attempting it but havent heard any positive advancements and it has been a few months now. there are some rummored turbo 600 etecs.

basically the computer system and the injection system cant handle the extra capacity of fuel required. which means piggy back injectors would need to be added with throttle bodies, bye bye etec so whats the point?

turbo boyz has one in their shop and are working at getting one going. im sure they will figure something out.

Basically it's (the injector) just a voice coil from my understanding. Could you not swap to a larger voice coil to administer the added fuel? I do not know how much $$$ this would be though, I'm guessing the "injector" setup ain't cheap, probably the most prohibitive factor?

I think the other issue with the etec will be the timing of when the fuel is injected, since it's after the exhaust port has been closed, there is only a small window to get the fuel in the chamber, getting a whole bunch of extra fuel in, in a small amount of time might be an issue.

Someone will figure it out. It won't be me though, I got enough stuff to work on already.....:)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah thats exactly it.

from what i "understand" which is limited on this topic.. they are having a hard time changing the parameters of the computer system on the etec. along with limited capacity of the stock injector.

i suppose the only solution to keep it somewhat stock is modifying or creating new voice coil injectors...other than that it would be a seperate fuel and computer system to run a turbo.

when carb turbo kits are in the 6000$ range for the good stuff i cant imagine what these kits are going to be running.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boondockers has one ready. there waiting for the new models to come out before releasing it. or so ive heard

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard its not only the amount of fuel but where its going, or rather NOT going. Without fuel to the bottom end, the rumor is that the piston does not get the cooling from the fuel around the wrist pin. With boost, it just gets too hot.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the subject

My opinion is, wait and see if RipCharger can produce their supercharger they say will be available in the near future and forget about a Turbo.

If you really want a turbo 2 stroke, get a Cat as it appears to be the easiest to map. But who wants a Cat! :d

Actually, I like the new HCR M8's. Not sure I would give up my Doo for one.

sledhed17

Reaction score
Took a trip out to Sicamous the other day and stopped in at powderlites and supposedly there working on a supercharger for the 800 e-tec and that they are already able to "hack" into the ski-doo box and re-map it.

Top Bottom