Turbo RX 1 Defueling or no fuel at full throttle

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to make a pull up and out of the sun pit, after mid throttle for about 10 secs , I gave it full throttle and the it ran for a bit then my air fuel gauge went to 17!!! and sled was dying of no fuel. It seems to be sucking float bowls dry or not getting enough fuel. If I cant hold'er to the pin, why even have 300 hp. Anybody have any help.....
Sled does it regardless of what elevation, just when throttle held wide:confused::rant:

Checking Filters but I dont know how much to set fuel pressure regulator to or how.

Sled - 2004 RX 1 Alpine front mount
16 lbs of boost 50/50 or 10 lbs on 94
Air/Fuel set @ 11.2-12.2 @ 6500 and up
Head shimmed with motor work

boosted metal

Reaction score
what style of float bowls do you have. what is your fuel pressure set at.what size mains are you running. only runs lean on climbs or on wot flat runs?

boosted metal

Reaction score
I had a problem with my filters on a rx1 i had. they were plugged solid[ the small screens in carbs]. IT RAN CRAPPY ALL THE TIME

boosted metal

Reaction score
you need to check the fuel pressure at the fuel regulater with a gauge or purchase one and install it into the line . then you can see what it is at idle and adjust according to visual on fuel pressure. what type of fuel reg do you have.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I had that problem it was a cracked header.It would pop like crazy and run out of fuel.Watch your fuel pressure regulator.It will tell you story.mine cracked right where the turbo and the header meet

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your help. I changed the fuel pump and she rippppppsssss!!!! I did check everything else though, regulator, screens etc, etc. Squeezed line and would not pressure up. Installed whal bros pump

Top Bottom