Turbo Paul

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that 'impossible hill' vid had just bad line choice after bad line choice, was like watching my own riding LOL.

For some reason Brandon I don't think you would be on that hill with all those rider's at once, your a better backcountry rider then those clowns. 50% of one riding skill's come from good decision making and risk assessing, while the other 50% is athleticism IMO.
Being an expert awesome athletic rider...bla bla bla, doesn't make you a good backcountry rider without the brains to go with that expertise. It just makes you plain dangerous.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For some reason Brandon I don't think you would be on that hill with all those rider's at once, your a better backcountry rider then those clowns. 50% of one riding skill's come from good decision making and risk assessing, while the other 50% is athleticism IMO.
Being an expert awesome athletic rider...bla bla bla, doesn't make you a good backcountry rider without the brains to go with that expertise. It just makes you plain dangerous.
Oh no I wouldn't be near that rodeo of exposure and risk taking. I was just referring to the lines he was picking on his climbs. They were inconsistent and all over the place. If he was truly trying to get to the top he wasn't doing a very good job of it.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I seen was heavy amounts of poaching lines - Line Poachers should be the name of the works of it - the video /the sled /the dude = Line Poachers

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a lot of line poaching.
Somebody mentioned its a turbo, i didn't think it was, if it is its a sad one, not a lot of added ponies. LOL

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone has a low boost kit like 0psi - aftermarket kit maintaining stock HP f*ckin - cuz I mean why not have reliability and that sweet sound too - warranty is everything

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone has a low boost kit like 0psi - aftermarket kit maintaining stock HP f*ckin - cuz I mean why not have reliability and that sweet sound too - warranty is everything

I completely understand guys looking into the new 850T as their first. 2 of my buddies riding 850 are replacing them with the 850T. One simple reason is they are not mechanically inclined or willing to know. They are busy during their working hours and during their free time want to be out riding.
The 850T is their best option for them, as they struggle constantly in the deep trying to run with the bigger powered sleds as they are the ones getting stuck the most and in some cases not able to go. Hopefully that will be a game changer for them.

For my self ya 165hp at elevation does nothing for me being accustom to 200++hp at elevation, in fact my current sled is the lowest HP sled I have ran since my custom Doo RT.
I guess its age but I certainly miss the 260+ of my last sled.

Last edited:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I completely understand guys looking into the new 850T as their first. 2 of my buddies riding 850 are replacing them with the 850T. One simple reason is they are not mechanically inclined or willing to know. They are busy during their working hours and during their free time want to be out riding.
The 850T is their best option for them, as they struggle constantly in the deep trying to run with the bigger powered sleds as they are the ones getting stuck the most and in some cases not able to go. Hopefully that will be a game changer for them.

For my self ya 165hp at elevation does nothing for me being accustom to 200++hp at elevation, in fact my current sled is the lowest HP sled I have ran since my custom Doo RT.
I guess its age but I certainly miss the 260+ of my last sled.
Personally I hate the stock turbo idea - I'm a Doo guy all the way - I think it's dumb - would you rather have a 500hp super duty or an Eco diesel pickup because the eco diesel might be oh so gawd damn reliable - I've got buddies that aren't mechanically inclined either running Boondocker having no problems - just my opinion tho

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I hate the stock turbo idea - I'm a Doo guy all the way - I think it's dumb - would you rather have a 500hp super duty or an Eco diesel pickup because the eco diesel might be oh so gawd damn reliable - I've got buddies that aren't mechanically inclined either running Boondocker having no problems - just my opinion tho

Well I not one to hate the stock turbo idea, I know what your saying. But I also not the one spending the coin either so who em I to say, it will be nice to see how they like it though as it has to be an improvement over the 850.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Plus I have seen plenty of people getting into or riding big power sleds without the skills to truly know how to benefit from it.
It only takes money to buy power, there is no requirements otherwise. It has to be a balance between rider and sled and not just one side. Big power to compensate is like gimmicks built in to a sled, to help you ride, it doesn't make you a better rider. Take it away and you suck. Only time does that.
BRP's 850T is a great intro to turbo's IMO. After that a guy might wish for more.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus I have seen plenty of people getting into or riding big power sleds without the skills to truly know how to benefit from it.
It only takes money to buy power, there is no requirements otherwise. It has to be a balance between rider and sled and not just one side. Big power to compensate is like gimmicks built in to a sled, to help you ride, it doesn't make you a better rider. Take it away and you suck. Only time does that.
BRP's 850T is a great intro to turbo's IMO. After that a guy might wish for more.
Having your mirrors out on a Dodge when your not towing is also flaming like having an overpowered sled when your riding like Betty white - people will still do it regardless how flaming it is

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW. Tough crowd. I personally enjoyed both videos. Some high consequence area? Maybe. But without actually being there hard to say 100%. Avy conditions are dependent on several factors. You guys can't tell me you never road in conditions that looked similar. Too many riders on the same slope at the same time. Yep no denying that. Turbo sled? Who gives a f!@#. They were doing pretty dam good regardless. And what's the deal with the Dodge mirrors crack. I for one have also forgotten to pull my mirrors in after disconnecting from the trailer. Whats the big deal.

This Corona Virus is really beginning to get into you guys heads. Why don't you guys get out and rake your lawn or something and get some fresh air.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
S&M seems to make people become a total C*nt Face with the comments - I've had too many ppl post C*nt face comments on anything I comment on - so I said F*ck it - going full toxic C*nt face - can't beat em join em

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW. Tough crowd. I personally enjoyed both videos. Some high consequence area? Maybe. But without actually being there hard to say 100%. Avy conditions are dependent on several factors. You guys can't tell me you never road in conditions that looked similar. Too many riders on the same slope at the same time. Yep no denying that. Turbo sled? Who gives a f!@#. They were doing pretty dam good regardless. And what's the deal with the Dodge mirrors crack. I for one have also forgotten to pull my mirrors in after disconnecting from the trailer. Whats the big deal.

This Corona Virus is really beginning to get into you guys heads. Why don't you guys get out and rake your lawn or something and get some fresh air.

People can make their own decision on that tough crowd or not response you have, I agree with your post in a way. Today there is a lot of education out there for riders to get informed. This type of riding and video might had been acceptable 10 years ago but riders are getting educated and learning what is and what is not acceptable.
Your correct non of us were there but multi riders on a slop as shown on a video to a more educated group of riders will have a negative response and that is not a bad thing.
It shows people in this sport are getting the education needed to be safe.
Maybe the group responsible for this vid will take this thread as a learning curve and not as a bashing session, take an AVY course and help educate others making similar mistakes.
Yes your correct we all at one time or another push our luck but this is not the case of pushing the edge this video shows lack of educational knowledge. Not knowing any better.
And if they knew better then they are plain stupid.

Top Bottom