sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock yamaha belt is all i ever see people use

OH YEAH SEE URSLED A FEW DAYS AGO IN MCBRIDE.. VERY NICE WORK

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock 8DN is bulletproof if you clutching is right. Got 2500 miles at 14 psi boost on the original belt and still in great shape. I would be looking at your clutching if you have blown a belt already.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried Ultimax 2 or 3's a couple of years ago as I "heard" softer belts worked better. After I used them up very quickly I switched back to 8DN's and have been using ever since. 1500k on Nytro last season at 270hp and 1500k on Apex at 310hp on the original belts. Clean the clutches regularly and as long as the helix angle isn't too high I don't know of a better belt, even the price is decent.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running a 45 degree helix. Not the most aggressive setup but I really like the way it pulls and does not seem to hunt around compared to say a 47 or 51 degree with a really stiff spring. When you get on it it hits 8900 and holds 8900.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Ditto on the 8DN ran 1600 k at 15psi last year. Only blew because i laid her over and got some oil spilled on it. Best belt ive ever used.

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What belts are people going with on the Nytro MTX Turbo? I allready blew one in one weekend. I got the stock one.
gear down a tooth or two, That will save your belt. That and letting it cool down between pulls!!

Uffe J

Reaction score
gear down a tooth or two, That will save your belt. That and letting it cool down between pulls!!

Anyone tried Gates belts??
Gates +38XM4420

I`m blowing 8DN belt on my Nytro Turbo 174"x15"x2.5",must have a solution.

Running MCX turbo 250hp and their clutching.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If care wasn't taken when your motor was pulled to do head shim and cam timing...the motor mounts may have been spun putting the clutches out of alignment. You may want to have your clutch alignment checked, as the stock belt is as bombproof as your gonna find:d

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Gates belts??
Gates +38XM4420

I`m blowing 8DN belt on my Nytro Turbo 174"x15"x2.5",must have a solution.

Running MCX turbo 250hp and their clutching.
I ran OEM belts, but only 220hp and a 162x16x2.5 :confused:

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If care wasn't taken when your motor was pulled to do head shim and cam timing...the motor mounts may have been spun putting the clutches out of alignment. You may want to have your clutch alignment checked, as the stock belt is as bombproof as your gonna find:d
I agree, misalignment is the most likely culprit

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I change mine once a year, just because, haven't worn one out yet!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would try running more weight in the primary, and turning out your shockwave helix so its a lower helix angle

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turning it out makes the angle steeper. All the way in is around 40' and each full turn out is another 4'

Top Bottom