Turbo Help Please!!!!!

JLARSH

Reaction score
I have a 2009 M6 with the cutler stage 2 kit on it(8 lbs). I took it out a couple of weekends ago and it ran pretty good,it had a little bog on the bottom but was nice and crisp once it got on boost. I changed the primary spring to the cat orange/black. It had a cat gold in it before. Heres the problem, the first pull I make it is crisp right from the bottom to the top. Then when I slow down to turn around and try to pin it again it runs like a bag of ch!t. I shut it off and start it again and bang wicked power till I let off and brake again, then crap. Any ideas? I'm also getting a code ccu when I go from reverse to forward. If I shut it off and restart and don't use reverse it doesn't come back on. I did run it really low on fuel , are the check valves in the tank maybe sticking? I put 10 litres in it and it is still doin it. Any thoughts anyone?

JLARSH

Reaction score
I'm using the attitude box, but the problem is fixed. It was the little disk in the fuel pickup was getting stuck closed. Took it out and runs perfect now.:d

oly

Reaction score
Where is this disk you are talking about? I have a 08 Tm1000 and I have the same issue when slowing down to do power turns and also at idle it will stall out. Then it will take 30 pulls to get it started again. Once it hits mid to full throttle it rips but everytime I slow down it gets me stuck cause of the bog. I'm running fuel pressure at 38psi and went down a pound but did nothing really, now im going to try and go up alittle and see if maybe I was starving the bottom end out. My bottom egt's r more tricky to read than the mid and top. on a good chute I had 1288 degress F on both and track speed was 79-80 MH.
Just curious.. what r some of your guys settings? I have a attidude with 5-6 all across the map. 8 psi. areocharger 66. straight av. 38psi on the reg. on a 2008 M1000. if any buddy has the same kinda set up I would like to hear what works best for best set up ie: throttle response,lag,egt's, ect...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The disc he would be talking about is in the tank, right in the pick up filter unit itself.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
The disc he would be talking about is in the tank, right in the pick up filter unit itself.

But there should be three pickup disks in the tank and they are there for a reason......cuz I just looked at mine. they will close if you run low on fuel and revert to the next one if climbing or descending an incline. If you take the front one out, you will run out of fuel on a steep climb even if you are on a third of a tank of fuel. I tried all three of mine out and one seemed to be sticking so I took it apart... and boow-nck..ing went the spring into the oblisss. Replaced it because I don't want to run out of fuel going up a hill. Every M cat should have three "pick up" fuel intakes in the tank... correct?? This seems to be what the three is 4.. does that add up??

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But there should be three pickup disks in the tank and they are there for a reason......cuz I just looked at mine. they will close if you run low on fuel and revert to the next one if climbing or descending an incline. If you take the front one out, you will run out of fuel on a steep climb even if you are on a third of a tank of fuel. I tried all three of mine out and one seemed to be sticking so I took it apart... and boow-nck..ing went the spring into the oblisss. Replaced it because I don't want to run out of fuel going up a hill. Every M cat should have three "pick up" fuel intakes in the tank... correct?? This seems to be what the three is 4.. does that add up??

You are correct that there are 3 yes. I would seem to think it might be more of a fuel pump issue.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct that there are 3 yes. I would seem to think it might be more of a fuel pump issue.

I dont have a turbo on my 2007 M8 but i was haveing problems when my tank was below 1/4 full . climbing a hill it would just die on me.Finally found out that the last hose going to the fuel pump had a lose clamp. I crimped it a little tighter and no problem after that.Hopefully this will help.

Top Bottom