tunnel removal?

powder dreams

Reaction score
Has anyone on here pulled the tunnel off there proclimb? Im wondering how much of a job it really is and if theres any tricks or special things to know? iv been in camp for weeks and have a few more weeks to go so iv been thinking about ripping the tunnel off for powdercoat when i get home. Im sure theres some nasty rivets to grind out but what else?

and yes iv searched all over the place but cant find much of anything other then replacing the rear section.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
Changed out tunnel on my 13. Its a big job. wont need to grind any rivets just drill em all. I do highly recommend a pneumatic rivet gun. especially for the huck rivets

powder dreams

Reaction score
care to elaborate on what all had to be pulled to get it off? iv also been considering wrapping the tunnel instead but we'll see

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If just pulling the rear section it's not that bad, a lot of rivets basically. If you're powder coating then you'll want to pull the whole tunnel which is a much larger job

powder dreams

Reaction score
looking to do a color change similar to your 2016. that and to help shed snow.

but iv been talking myself in/out of just buying a green 2016 ltd the past couple days but i might have to just do it cuz $12,500otd seems like a smoking deal.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
looking to do a color change similar to your 2016. that and to help shed snow.

but iv been talking myself in/out of just buying a green 2016 ltd the past couple days but i might have to just do it cuz $12,500otd seems like a smoking deal.
If your getting a 16 LTD for 12,500 take it and never look back. hell of a deal and really beats ripping a tunnel apart just for color and shed snow. what year is yours, if its a 12 or 13 no point in doing it to shed snow because that heat exchanger still runs to the back and will still ice up.

powder dreams

Reaction score
iv got a 14 that the wifes gunna end up ridding. then ill be picking up the 16 later in the week but the tunnel will be on a 12 hcr so it doesnt have the full length cooler. I wouldnt buy one of those ice makers. maybe ill just wrap it then if its that big of a job.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
iv got a 14 that the wifes gunna end up ridding. then ill be picking up the 16 later in the week but the tunnel will be on a 12 hcr so it doesnt have the full length cooler. I wouldnt buy one of those ice makers. maybe ill just wrap it then if its that big of a job.
1450042_10151678739390670_383173075_n.jpg May as well haha

Top Bottom