TSS Air/fuel gauge

yammyman

Reaction score
I have a TSS turbo kit on my 13 XM and I haven't even used it yet. I recently had my battery disconnected to install HID headlights and when I hooked everything back up and fired up the sled I noticed that the air/fuel gauge goes up to 14.7 for approximately 5-10 seconds or so than it spikes the gauge, then comes back down to 14.7, then gradually climbs back up until it spikes again and stays there. This is all at an idle.

Is it possible that disconnecting the battery reset the fuel controller or is this normal until the sled is actually getting into boost/normal riding operation?

I'm not very familiar with the kit and it's tough getting any info from TSS at this time.

Any advice at all would be great or of if you're willing to talk over the phone for a bit that would be greatly appreciated to.

Please PM me if we could talk.

Thanks Ryan

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a TSS turbo kit on my 13 XM and I haven't even used it yet. I recently had my battery disconnected to install HID headlights and when I hooked everything back up and fired up the sled I noticed that the air/fuel gauge goes up to 14.7 for approximately 5-10 seconds or so than it spikes the gauge, then comes back down to 14.7, then gradually climbs back up until it spikes again and stays there. This is all at an idle.

Is it possible that disconnecting the battery reset the fuel controller or is this normal until the sled is actually getting into boost/normal riding operation?

I'm not very familiar with the kit and it's tough getting any info from TSS at this time.

Any advice at all would be great or of if you're willing to talk over the phone for a bit that would be greatly appreciated to.

Please PM me if we could talk.

Thanks Ryan

Merry Christmas!

Usually when they read that high they are wrecked. I have gone threw 2 sensors and when there wrecked they usually read 14 and up, but mines from running leaded fuel.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure the wires are fully plugged into into the back of the gauge. They do funny things when not fully seated in the plug.

jvb

Reaction score
well what afr does a stock etech idle at? Your fuel controller does nothing until it senses boost.

Backcountrypro

Reaction score
The etec naturally will be very lean at idle and even cruising speed down the trail. I have a Turbo Performance kit, at idle the afr is 15-16. Cruising down the trail the afr goes off the chart. Don't worry about afr unless the engine has a load on it at full throttle.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your numbers at idle aren't going to mean to much. It's not going to matter as your not going to be on the boost so your not going to be fueling your secondary's. You'll be running on your stock map and the sled won't start fueling until it see's the boost or the rpm set point in your controller for when it starts the fuel from the secondary's.

yammyman

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! Sleds running great. Numbers are fine when I'm into the boost! I'm new to the turbo, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't wreck anything!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! Sleds running great. Numbers are fine when I'm into the boost! I'm new to the turbo, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't wreck anything!

They all do the same thing, With leaded fuel you'll go through a sensor a season ish. At Idle it will climb up to nothing because of where the sensor is placed. The boost it box is doing its job, the gauge is just there for your own peace of mind :).

mctrailboss

Reaction score
sleds normally run at 24ish at idle and will be richer (14-16) when first fired up and move lean after start as you described. high teens while cruising at light throttle and should see 12.5 - 13 at full throttle. not to worry. only look while at WOT.

Top Bottom