True Dropseat bibs

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After years of searching my girlfriend Christine has finally located a true drop seat bib, not one you have to thread you suspenders over your clothing when you are done. Now this being said there is still no perfect ladies bib as these don't have the full side leg zips so you can easily put on your boots.

Attached is the link:

Mittellegi Pants Women - Pants and Shorts - Mammut

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After years of searching my girlfriend Christine has finally located a true drop seat bib, not one you have to thread you suspenders over your clothing when you are done. Now this being said there is still no perfect ladies bib as these don't have the full side leg zips so you can easily put on your boots.

Attached is the link:

Klim has a full zip drop seat in there ladies bib pants.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim has a full zip drop seat in there ladies bib pants.

Do the new Klim Women's pant still have the drop seat? My old ones (two years back??) had the drop seat (very handy), but the ones I got around March of last season didn't have it. I got mine in Red Deer, and the shop didn't have any styles with drop seat... just curious if they still make them or not??

Those Mammut pants look really nice, but that is pricey-- Because of past experience, I am hesitant to go that route. I tried (for the second time) to shop for extreme outdoor skiing/boarding clothes last year, because I wanted something different and more refined looking than typical women's sledding apparel. In the end, I spent alot of extra money on gear that was very pricey, not very warm and didn't hold up to the rigors of sledding. It was disappointing to say the least. And back I went to the bulky, too short women's sledding gear I had before :(

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Do the new Klim Women's pant still have the drop seat? My old ones (two years back??) had the drop seat (very handy), but the ones I got around March of last season didn't have it. I got mine in Red Deer, and the shop didn't have any styles with drop seat... just curious if they still make them or not??

Those Mammut pants look really nice, but that is pricey-- Because of past experience, I am hesitant to go that route. I tried (for the second time) to shop for extreme outdoor skiing/boarding clothes last year, because I wanted something different and more refined looking than typical women's sledding apparel. In the end, I spent alot of extra money on gear that was very pricey, not very warm and didn't hold up to the rigors of sledding. It was disappointing to say the least. And back I went to the bulky, too short women's sledding gear I had before :(

You still look great in it though ........:beer::cool::beer:

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry yes you are right but they did not use a waterproof seal just the Velcro flap and thus water got in. She is also looking for just shell, and even though the new ones have full side zips you still have to take off the suspenders to use the " drop seat" Anyway just another option out there

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry yes you are right but they did not use a waterproof seal just the Velcro flap and thus water got in. She is also looking for just shell, and even though the new ones have full side zips you still have to take off the suspenders to use the " drop seat" Anyway just another option out there

Thank you for posting these options!! I am always looking for something different. So, did your wife buy these? I would love to know how they work for her...

And Sledderdoc... Thanks! That was nice ;)

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the new Klim Women's pant still have the drop seat? My old ones (two years back??) had the drop seat (very handy), but the ones I got around March of last season didn't have it. I got mine in Red Deer, and the shop didn't have any styles with drop seat... just curious if they still make them or not??Those Mammut pants look really nice, but that is pricey-- Because of past experience, I am hesitant to go that route. I tried (for the second time) to shop for extreme outdoor skiing/boarding clothes last year, because I wanted something different and more refined looking than typical women's sledding apparel. In the end, I spent alot of extra money on gear that was very pricey, not very warm and didn't hold up to the rigors of sledding. It was disappointing to say the least. And back I went to the bulky, too short women's sledding gear I had before :(

No, they do not :(

If I were to get them I would remove the suspenders and wear them as a high pant. Too tough to access without the drop seat. They do have a wonderful fit though, and you can get small/tall sizes now. They also have removeable padding in the knees.

And I agree, you would look hot in anything ;)

Drink

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attached is the link:

Heres another option, and yes they have full length leg zippers and yes they have a fully functional drop seat without having to take all of your other clothes off. Womens Empress Bibs- 2012 - Snowmobile Gear - Empress

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drink, what is the fabric the Motorfist bibs are made out of? I've never heard of "Toray Dermizax Fabric". The men's gear is all E-Vent.

On another note, I didn't know Rob Alford was a shrimpin' boat captin... Learn something new every day!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, they do not :(

If I were to get them I would remove the suspenders and wear them as a high pant. Too tough to access without the drop seat. They do have a wonderful fit though, and you can get small/tall sizes now. They also have removeable padding in the knees.

And I agree, you would look hot in anything ;)

That is a good idea Amy!! It is true: the new ones fit more femininely ( is that a word?) Although i do like the fit of my new ones better than my older bibs, without the dropseat they are a pain. I need a personal seamstress who is SMRT like you to flange that up for me :)

Drink

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drink, what is the fabric the Motorfist bibs are made out of? I've never heard of "Toray Dermizax Fabric". The men's gear is all E-Vent.

On another note, I didn't know Rob Alford was a shrimpin' boat captin... Learn something new every day!

Toray is a waterproof membrane that works great with insulated clothing. The womens line of Motorfist gear is insulated therefore e-vent was not used. The Rekon line uses e-vent and is non-insulated. Im sure there will be an option for you ladies that dont want insulated gear in the near future.

Top Bottom