Truck wont Run Cold?????????

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even at plus one my truck will not run when cold started and take off right away.If I let it warm up it runs fine but if I start it and go with out warming it up it just quits and dosnt want to start,Its like the fuel filter is plugged,this dosnt make sense to me,If the fuel filter was pluggged warming it up wouldnt change anything.Anybody have any idea's???????????
F-350 7.3
Thx catmando.
Summitric,I will be callin!

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even at plus one my truck will not run when cold started and take off right away.If I let it warm up it runs fine but if I start it and go with out warming it up it just quits and dosnt want to start,Its like the fuel filter is plugged,this dosnt make sense to me,If the fuel filter was pluggged warming it up wouldnt change anything.Anybody have any idea's???????????
F-350 7.3
Thx catmando.
Summitric,I will be callin!
If its a diesel.. this time of year is very hard on them...
freezing up at night and warming up during the day...
getting moisture into the engine compartment and then freezing up at night.
has something to do with the waste gate valve messing with the turbo??
I had the same problem with my Chev last year at this time.
put my winter front back on and no more problem.
apparently the diesel's like to run warm.
I am no mechanic by any means...
but I hope this helps !!

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its a diesel.. this time of year is very hard on them...
freezing up at night and warming up during the day...
getting moisture into the engine compartment and then freezing up at night.
has something to do with the waste gate valve messing with the turbo??
I had the same problem with my Chev last year at this time.
put my winter front back on and no more problem.
apparently the diesel's like to run warm.
I am no mechanic by any means...
but I hope this helps !!

that goes with out saying ....Question would you ever spark up your Pete and drive away without at least a 30 minute high idle warm up ???

I should hope not ....I would never even think of heading down the trail until my KW had run for at least 2 hours ...

kinda thinkin along the same lines ...buy a cammand start and timer ...let her run for 20 minutes at least ..she'll thank you later

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got the command start and agree,they should be warmed up but this is strange,will check into the waste gate theory because there is something going on!
catmando!

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the command start and agree,they should be warmed up but this is strange,will check into the waste gate theory because there is something going on!
catmando!
Should fix the problem...
But I agree with H2Snow.
You need to treat your truck like your best girl..
you need to warm them up before you go for a ride...
and a short ride is not the best thing for her.:cool:

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats cause its a ford hahahaha need a good ol duramax and never worry again:d:d:beer::beer:

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my f250 diesel get realey pissey with me if I start go my remote runs it
18 minute by then my trans warm engine start to climb it happy and off
we go

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
even at plus one my truck will not run when cold started and take off right away.if i let it warm up it runs fine but if i start it and go with out warming it up it just quits and dosnt want to start
summitric,i will be callin!

ya, could have a glow plug problem.....or intake heater system problem.........maybe weak fuel pump........ Call me monday, buddy.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my old 7.3 had that problem in the winter when it was not plugged in. check the gpm (glow plug modual). that fixed the problem its a $35 part at international on 170th ford wants $95 its the same part without the ford stamp on it.

hope that helps
Matt

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
What year? If its a new superduty, and have had the software recall done, its supposed to do that. Its to allow warm-up time & they upgraded the particulate burn program as well. Mine hasnt done a burn since the upgrade, there is a dash light that is supposed to go on now too. I'll see if I can find more info for you!

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year? If its a new superduty, and have had the software recall done, its supposed to do that. Its to allow warm-up time & they upgraded the particulate burn program as well. Mine hasnt done a burn since the upgrade, there is a dash light that is supposed to go on now too. I'll see if I can find more info for you!

do you just climb on the wifey right away or does she need a little warm up time ????

lets see I am headin to Edmonton today ...-14 ..plugged my 625 Cat in for 40 minutes and then sparked her up ....that was 30 minutes ago ....won't even pull out of the yard till at least noon ..:nono:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thats cause its a ford hahahaha need a good ol duramax and never worry again:d:d:beer::beer:

I see your from Ponoka!!!!!!
LOL! LMAO! HA!HA!
Get back on the meds LOL!
catmando!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....I would never even think of heading down the trail until my KW had run for at least 2 hours ...

Yeah that's a Kenworth for you....:d. They go hand in hand with chevy ---look nice and ride great while your driving down pavement. As soon as you start driving down gravel roads and see a little abuse they turn into women...... headaches and problems out the ying yang.

Top Bottom