Trimming your 16" track to fit your Nytro

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
I got hooked up with a 16" wide Camo Extreme that was really chewed up on the edges. Did some reading and found a way to clean up the ratty edges. I am not sure what the track trimming guys use but I used a portable skill saw and a piece of 1" square moulding as a guide. It was so easy to do in my garage I thought I would post it here for anyone that wants to put a 16" wide track but not wanting to fight it in. My final cut width was 15 1/2" but fits like a glove now. Cheers track trim 2.jpg track trim.jpg track trim 3.jpg

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday I was cutting some 2x4's for a little project and thought "Why is this cutting so hard, and what's that burning rubber smell?". :D Apparantly I haven't used my Skil saw since we cut my son's track down to fit his Nytro 3 years ago. Note to self.....buy a new blade this week!

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Did you use a special type blade? I have to cut down one here soon to fit in my viper

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Did you use a special type blade? I have to cut down one here soon to fit in my viper

I just used the carbide tip ripping blade that was already on my saw. Pretty much wrecked it though. It's still sharp, but the rubber residue melted on to the blade binds in the wood now.

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
I think I used a better quality fine tooth wood blade...but yes it will only be good for cutting tracks now...I think when you get into some of the fibreglass rods it dulls the blade really quick. It would be really hard to fight a track around on a table saw though.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to do this to a camo 2.5" for my firecat was debating on using a table saw or a circular saw like you did. 3/4" off each side.
Exactly what I had to do and did with my dad's help. Had to cut 3/4" of each side of a 15" track to fit in my son's 13.5" tunnel.

Top Bottom