Tri-fold ramp from Princess Auto

t-bomb

Reaction score
Any comments on the Trifold ramps. The is two different sizes one is just under 6' and one is just under 7' i think. I would be using it to load my 2010 RMK into my chev 1500 4x4 short box ext cab.

I just need something simple/cheap because I usally go with buddies that have a deck or trailers.

any other ideas as well

m8cat

Reaction score
Bought one in the fall but found it was to narrow for my M8 with simmons skis so I modified it a little. Drilled out all rivets from centre section and cut the long sections into 4 pieces and then used the short sections as trianglation for strengh. Cant fold it now but it works great and is light .Still fits in the back of box with no problems

Jake

Reaction score
Posted prettymuch the same question about a month ago. Bought the trifold ramp from the liquidators, seems to be good.

Giv'er

Reaction score
MUST put puck board on or you will kill yourself!!!

My skiis stuck, pushed the ramp up the tailgate so it was standing straight up, then my sled momentum continued to go under the tailgate and caused the ramp to slam onto my handlebars and skin my nose....very close call, and yes it was tied to the reciever hitch! :stretcher:

Giver

t-bomb

Reaction score
I think the one I am looking at is 49" wide so i think it will fit..thanks

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one and it has been great, have used it for sleds, quads, bikes, lawn mowers etc. The puck board is a good idea, we were loading a friends sled, and he didn't do up the straps from the ramps to the truck, of coursethe skags caught and folded the tailgate up sending the ramps up and he drove square into the hitch bustin the hell out of the front of his sled!! Not a smart move, fun to watch but not for the guy wreckin!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

My skiis stuck, pushed the ramp up the tailgate so it was standing straight up, then my sled momentum continued to go under the tailgate and caused the ramp to slam onto my handlebars and skin my nose....very close call, and yes it was tied to the reciever hitch! :stretcher:

Giver

Attach the puck board with zip ties and you're good to go....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the one I am looking at is 49" wide so i think it will fit..thanks

I have the exact same one and have some grooved box liner you can have for free (in Calgary) to put up the sides where the skis go (just riveted it on), then I just left the center section open for traction and steps. Yes the 49" is wide enough, get the longer length one for sure, it makes a big difference. One thing to note is to put some plastic on the end of the aluminum tubes on the truck box end (I just cut gas line and wrapped it into the tubes) otherwise you will scratch the hell out of your tailgate.

Also, you will need to mount something to keep it closed, otherwise its a pain in the @$$. A sled hood strap riveted to one side and then hooked over a bolt on the far side works great... :)

Other than those two modifications, these ramps are great, super light and worth the money IMO.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the peavy mart ones cheap too, and the canandian tire one i have but got it on sale.

RevRob

Reaction score
I used to use the same ramp, did the UMHW thing riveted to the ski section after a similar incident to Giv'er. Also bolted three sections of channel iron to the middle section to give something to the track to bite, saves a lot of spin and you don't have to get much of a run at the ramp to get climbing!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, and if you put plastic on it, be uber-careful when there is snow on it because it'll be super slick.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the tri fold for my quad but try it on my mxz without Teflon slides
big mistake hit the ramp ramp push my tail close look pretty funny so try
use them without slides for the skis

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Giver

I feel better now....I thought I was the only Dud to ever do that.:d Thanks :beer:

Top Bottom