Traveling to Whistler, Camping

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, just palning a trip to visit some friends on Vancouver Island but on the way back I would like to spend 2-3 days/nights in Whistler. Never been to Whistler before. Any recomendations/RV sites, Camp grounds as will be packing my Truck and Truck Camper. Other recomended activities. I know a day on the Mountain bikes will be on the plan but what else would you recomend while there? Traveling 1st or 2nd week of July. Thanx in advance

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, just palning a trip to visit some friends on Vancouver Island but on the way back I would like to spend 2-3 days/nights in Whistler. Never been to Whistler before. Any recomendations/RV sites, Camp grounds as will be packing my Truck and Truck Camper. Other recomended activities. I know a day on the Mountain bikes will be on the plan but what else would you recomend while there? Traveling 1st or 2nd week of July. Thanx in advance
Golf. lots of nice courses, take the tram up to the top of Blackcomb, cant remember is that is the same tram you can take your bike up and ride down or if its another, lots of great restaurants, just hanging out in the center of town is good, a couple of ziplines and atv tours. Of course you have to travel back through Pemberton and Lillooet, incredible scenery on that road.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah.. no... sled will not be coming along on this trip...... How about camp sites? what can you guys recomend?

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bout ready to put this out to the rest as i know it is hard to ask the locals about the camp sites. they don' t have to camp in them?????? but if you have please give me your Whistler area thoughts and camp site details
Cheers. C

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, Just an update, Stayed at the Riverside camp site, 10 out of 10. Little pricey but it is Whistler. WiFI in camp site , Paved, Cafe and Bakery. Very nice. About a 1 km bike ride to the village, went swiming in Green lake, Rode the mountain one day, went out for a couple of drinks and supper at a couple of cool places in town. Camp site is very close (walk) to Nicolas north golfing and club house. stayed 3 nights. I want to go back and do a week on the next trip. Nice, enjoyed our time there.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
little pricey? how much a night? (not that i'll be staying there lol)

Top Bottom