Transporting by Truck

gorpet

Reaction score
I am new to sledding and have a few questions in regards to transporting my sled. I plan on hauling in the back of my shortbox Chev.

1. How tight should the sled be strapped down?

2. With Chains or tie down straps

3. Is it safe to leave it in the back of the pick up 24/7 or will some low life steal it.

4. Will women desire me more with a sled

Thank You in advance

Gord

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definite chick magnet, more so than maybe even a harley. the'll see you as a rebel ahead of your time.

tie downs will work fine, as to theft nothing is safe.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am new to sledding and have a few questions in regards to transporting my sled. I plan on hauling in the back of my shortbox Chev.

1. How tight should the sled be strapped down?enough to keep it in the truck and to prevent side-to-side movement

2. With Chains or tie down strapseither one should work as long as they are good quality

3. Is it safe to leave it in the back of the pick up 24/7 or will some low life steal it.ABSOLUTELY some low-life will steal it!!!!!

4. Will women desire me more with a sledABSOLUTELY:cool:

Thank You in advance

Gord

Hope this helps:d:cool:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

3. Is it safe to leave it in the back of the pick up 24/7 or will some low life steal it.

Thank You in advance

Gord

Short box - make sure you have enough on the front to keep it in. you might consider building a small 2x4 deck under the skis and track to "extend" the bed a little more. The weight of the skis will keep the deck down in the front when the track is pushing on it. Are you going to keep the tailgate up or down?

Tie down's for sure. Chains no way.

Lock it up at all times unless its a Polaris, then you don't have to worry - no one will want to steal it anyway.

Contrary to what everyone says - No, chicks will not desire you more. You'll just be another broke a$$ sledder who spends all their extra cash on the sled and many days away away from home. Find a woman who can handle this.

:)

deathtoll

Reaction score
if you going to leave it in your truck leave the cover on your sled and take a chain from your sled ( i recomend though the track ) and around a sterdy post that should do it

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thank You in advance

Gord

first thing ya want to do is make sure ya have a ski doo snow flap and a skidoo cover on it that should be good enough to prevent theft lol

i wouldnt use chains when transporting but i would definetly use chains and locks when sitting and always park it so it is a pain the ass to get to the sled

Top Bottom