Trailer lighting systems

kell2784

Reaction score
I am about to start my sled trailer project, and need input on lighting. I notice some people here have solar panels, and use 120v lighting. I was also thinking of running some small efficient floro's, and just use a honda gen when I'm not near a power source. If you do run solar, what is the cost for the panels? What other systems would you recommend?

FWIW-It's a Royal trailer, and I'm thinking of mounting an underbody box with a gen, and just reroute the exhaust out. There seems to be a little room under there to sqeeze a small genny.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you put flourescents in make sure you use high output fixtures and lamps or they won't light up in the cold(and they'll be noisy as he!! when it's warm).

Flange

Reaction score
i have a 38ft toy hauler 5th wheel and i have both solar and gen and ill tell you right now the gen is a way better route i have 2 gen sets both are honda i have one 2000w and a 3000w and the 2000w is amazingly small powerfull and burns little or no fuel my 2000 will power my entire 5th wheel in the winter just cant run the microwave with the lights and tv's on lol no big deal the 3000 is for summer to run the ac but anyway for your purpose even the honda 1000w would doo just fine just pipe the exauhst out and mount it in a spot so you can fill it every 8 hours and start and shut it off if you want to run a compresser or electric heat as well as the lights your best be would be the 2000w

good luck let us know how it all works out

Top Bottom