Trailer has a new hitch, jack, wiring, and axle - thanks "dummy with a gun"

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a little story for fellow Snow & Mudders,

I had to leave my 14 ft., 2-place "Wholesale Trailer of Alberta" sled trailer at the Cataract Creek P.R.A. parking lot in the Cataract Creek Snowmobile Area - S.W. of Calgary, directly west of Longview - four weeks ago, as a wheel hub came off. I decided to replace the whole axle, and in the time it took me to obtain one from Standen's (thanks guys!) and return with it to install, some idiot with a gun - I figure a high power .30 calibre rifle from the size of the bullet holes - shot up my hitch, frame, and jack at least nine times. I was able to hook up and tow it back to Calgary, after installing the axle but only after sledge-hammering it onto my ball, as the bullet holes had deformed the trailer coupler. Well, almost $500 later (I have no ability with a welder, and wouldn't trust myself with electrical) I am back in business.

Any of you ever have your trailer(s) shot up, ever?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Trailer has a new hitch, jack, wiring, and axle - thanks "dummy with a gun"

How do guns get in the hands of morons ?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Does anyone else see a problem here?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Does anyone else see a problem here?

Gun control didn't fix it? The police don't care or are too busy and the judges feel sorry for the poor little bastages...............just saying!

But it has been a problem ever since this land was "discovered"......:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I found a single bullet hole in my Triton enclosed this winter. I'm certain it happened on the Canfor road northwest of Hines Creek this past november when I went out with a few of our club members with my side by side to clear trail behind the mulchers. I never noticed it at the time, wasn't until a month or so later when I unloaded the SXS and loaded up the sleds to go for a ride and saw the hole in the drivers side of the trailer. went thru the wall, and thru the interior wall on the other side and the bullet dented the outer skin from the inside but didn't pass thru. we parked about 75 meters from the main Canfor road, bullet angle looks like someone sat on the road and took a shot at it.

where I park it in my yard, there's no way it could have happened there as it is quite hidden between buildings

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just a little story for fellow Snow & Mudders,

I had to leave my 14 ft., 2-place "Wholesale Trailer of Alberta" sled trailer at the Cataract Creek P.R.A. parking lot in the Cataract Creek Snowmobile Area - S.W. of Calgary, directly west of Longview - four weeks ago, as a wheel hub came off. I decided to replace the whole axle, and in the time it took me to obtain one from Standen's (thanks guys!) and return with it to install, some idiot with a gun - I figure a high power .30 calibre rifle from the size of the bullet holes - shot up my hitch, frame, and jack at least nine times. I was able to hook up and tow it back to Calgary, after installing the axle but only after sledge-hammering it onto my ball, as the bullet holes had deformed the trailer coupler. Well, almost $500 later (I have no ability with a welder, and wouldn't trust myself with electrical) I am back in business.

Any of you ever have your trailer(s) shot up, ever?

I got a bullet hole in my trailer once a few years ago at McLean Creek. Most likely a .22. I suspect it was some yahoo shooting in the campground but not malicious damage like what they did to yours. It sounds like whoever did it has a hate on for sledders. Who in h*ll carries around a high power rifle this time of year?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I got a bullet hole in my trailer once a few years ago at McLean Creek. Most likely a .22. I suspect it was some yahoo shooting in the campground but not malicious damage like what they did to yours. It sounds like whoever did it has a hate on for sledders. Who in h*ll carries around a high power rifle this time of year?

All those guys that can shoot anything anytime......just saying!

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Now, doesn't that take the cake!

Friggin' beotch...........:nopics:

Standens is sending me the pics, will post after I receive them, as I forgot to take pictures before I dropped it off/did not have my camera with me.

And BTW, idiots/morons with guns live in B.C. too. Blaming another group/population doesn't do anybody any good, and we are not in the second grade either, and I know you are not.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Standens is sending me the pics, will post after I receive them, as I forgot to take pictures before I dropped it off/did not have my camera with me.

And BTW, idiots/morons with guns live in B.C. too. Blaming another group/population doesn't do anybody any good, and we are not in the second grade either, and I know you are not.

How did this get into a BC vs Alberta thingy? I didn't even hint at that type of situation. Maybe go back and read my posts and there is no blame (other than on the "system" that we have to tolerate in our day to day lives) there either but an educated guess as to who may have been responsible.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe they didn't tag out during general trailer season.

You know, doing a bit of poaching,,,,

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How did this get into a BC vs Alberta thingy? I didn't even hint at that type of situation. Maybe go back and read my posts and there is no blame (other than on the "system" that we have to tolerate in our day to day lives) there either but an educated guess as to who may have been responsible.

Wondering the same! You will see the results of those that shouldn't have guns at every road corner or curve in the road. Guess we are lucky they don't don't have full auto. Although you wonder sometimes.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

head out on any snowmobile trail, you'll find MANY MANY MANY signs that have been used for "sighting in" guns..... It's really disheartening for those who work hard to open the trails, maintain them, and put the effort in to get them signed for safety that some yahoo's decide to use them as a tool for making sure their guns are shooting "correctly"

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

That sucks... Still can't believe someone would damage others property, and probably not think twice about it... Bastages!!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

there was a goon out by penold rifle range, stopped on the road, decided to take a couple pot shots at a kids tree fort. must have thought it was a good target, i'm thinking he was glad no kids where in there. tree fort was in there yard, not out in the bush. WTF is wrong with people.

Last edited:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maybe he seen what was wrong with it and didn't want it to suffer any more, and then shot it eight more times by accident? I dunno….man some peoples kids eh?

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Out sledding in the bush SE of GP on Saturday and heard what we thought were shots coming from a handgun in the not too far distant. Kept sledding and quickly came upon 2 sledders who bailed like kids caught in the cookie jar. Never even looked at us but cleared out real quick.

Top Bottom