trailer deck slide guide

sasksledhead

Reaction score
Hi, just wandering what would be the easiest way to protect the trailer deck from gouging from the carbides. Looking for the cheapest way to protect it. Any ideas would be great.

sasksledhead

Reaction score
Thanx for the advice. will puckboard stay flat on the deck or will it warp over time. I looked at superslides but they r expensive. :)

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the advice. will puckboard stay flat on the deck or will it warp over time. I looked at superslides but they r expensive. :)

It will wave a little, but make sure to drill the holes quite a bit bigger than the screw. Use an umbrella washer, and don't screw it down too tight. Puckboard likes to expand and contract, and if it's screwed right down, it will wave quite a bit, eventually pulling out your screws. If you don't want to kick out the cash for Superglides, I would look for an old plastic boxliner to cut into strips.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Superglides are the only way to go. A long time ago I borrowed a trailer with puck board on the deck. My friend was trying to start his Polaris when his foot slipped on the puckboard. The slip put his back out, so it was off to the hospital for him. He spent the rest of the week in the motel room while the rest of us went riding. He did not seem to notice that we went out riding, must have been some pretty good drugs they had gave him. :d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think Im going for the boxliner on my deck

Just like goodngrubby said, drill the holes bigger and use washers as it will expand in the summer heat.

I cut 6 pieces out of a box liner and the curved piece for the front of the box was a nice touch to the back end so that the carbides didn't bite the wood.

Two sleds on the full width or a single in the middle. SuperGluides on my ramp as they aren't slippery and the quad grips them great.

scaryman75

Reaction score

actually another option you may want to consider, is to go to your local auto wrecker and buy a old plastic box liner . grab a exacto and cut the bottom out of it in one piece. then cut strips as wide or even a bit wider than your skies. it works great and your skies will follow the groves right up and on your trailer. its cheap and works great..good luck..

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
actually another option you may want to consider, is to go to your local auto wrecker and buy a old plastic box liner . grab a exacto and cut the bottom out of it in one piece. then cut strips as wide or even a bit wider than your skies. it works great and your skies will follow the groves right up and on your trailer. its cheap and works great..good luck..

Where did ya get that idea...haha...

Read the above posts...Already happening...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep box liner here..... got 3 of them for free..... have them on the deck, ramps and trailer.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem with box liner strips and puckboard is that they are super slick, can be dangerous. superglides cost $$ but have grippy nubs that give traction. your choice, sucks being in hospital or sued by your buddy who can't work because of injury.:beer:

friggin getting sued sucks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
the problem with box liner strips and puckboard is that they are super slick, can be dangerous. superglides cost $$ but have grippy nubs that give traction. your choice, sucks being in hospital or sued by your buddy who can't work because of injury.:beer:

I agree but only have the box-liner strips on the deck! SuperGluides on the ramp. I'm the only one who loads and unloads on my deck. Some silly guys like too much throttle and the cross members bend and welds break.....friggin' throttle is your friend; but not on my ramp....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya but not every one has ur money imdoo'n

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always used box liner strips. On my deck and on my tilt. Dam straight they are slick when you step on them when your trailer is tilted. Best solution for that is DON"T STEP ON THEM! I learned that the hard way. Hip was black and blue for a week. The word "cheapest" is mentioned in the inquiry, so this is easily the cheapest solution. :beer:

Top Bottom