Trailclearing

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn thats to bad, I just found out I go in for knee surgery on the 1st, I was really hoping to come lend a hand and meet some fellow riders from around town.......I guess there is always next year to lend a hand,sorry, have a beer for me:d
So you should be good to go for the 2nd then?:d:d:d.
You're right, there's always next year.....

Tunderin' RT

Reaction score
I'll be there. When's breakfast? 7:00 am, Good. anyone got room on a trailer for one more quad?

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is just a reminder about Trail Cleaning this weekend, Nov. 1 & 2, and next weekend, Nov. 8 & 9, 2008.

Everyone will meet at the Roadhouse for breakfast at 7:30 am and leave by 9:00 am. Bring your quad & saw and any other tools you might need, if you have them, otherwise we need people to pickup after the chainsaw and any trees that have fallen down. Also, bring warm clothes, food & drinks. The club will supply the safety gear.
The more people we have to help the less time it will take.
Remember everyone - be SAFE out there!!

Also, remember to turn your CLOCKS back 1 hour on Saturday night - Daylight Savings Time Ends.(So it'll be just like we're starting at 10:00 on Sunday)

Your Participation is much appreciated.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great turn out Saturday (20+) and Sun (14 I think) Got most of the trails done. 1 more weekend and we can finish them all off. Trails are in surprisingly good shape considering the winds we had a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to Dwayne Brandly and his buddy Bob that came out from Leduc to give us a hand again this year.....

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a idea:Ponder: If your trails are cleared already and it just the start of the season how about helping a fellow Golden Triangle Trail club? Swan Hills I`m sure would really like the extra hands. Just a idea. Would be a step closer to "Reuniting the Triangle". Sounds like a good way to put some pressure on the towns to start working together again.:twocents:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a idea:Ponder: If your trails are cleared already and it just the start of the season how about helping a fellow Golden Triangle Trail club? Swan Hills I`m sure would really like the extra hands. Just a idea. Would be a step closer to "Reuniting the Triangle". Sounds like a good way to put some pressure on the towns to start working together again.:twocents:
We're not done cleaning yet...Last year I contacted both SH snowgoers and Fox Creek club to see if they wanted to get some combined crews together to work on the triangle, no reply from F.C. and a "we'll talk about it at our next meeting" from S.H. and Nothing further...
Guys will burn their own fuel in their trucks and quads and saws to maintain areas that they ride but it's asking alot to expect someone to spend their own money and abuse their equipment to maintain something that they don't use, especially when the people that DO use it don't seem to want to put in the effort....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Big Push!!!

We need your help for ONE more weekend!!!

We're almost done, cleaning and fixing up the snowmobile trails to get them ready for another great season of snowmobiling in and around Whitecourt. One more weekend should do it. If you have some time this weekend, November 15 & 16, we sure can use your help.

Once again we will meet at the Roadhouse for breakfast at 7:30 am and leave by 8:30 am to hit the trails. We will be driving trucks to some of the areas so if you don't have a quad that is ok. Dress in layers and bring lunch and beverages with you.

Getting out and clearing the trails is a good way to get to know the trail system if you're not familiar with it, so come out and support your club.
REMEMBER: Safety First Be careful out there!

Thanks to everyone who has been dedicating their time to help us out this far. You're a true 'Trailblazer'!!!

They're finally here....

Trail passes have arrived and are available at IGA and RPM Power Sports. We will also have some at Whitecourt Esso and Whitecourt Yamaha soon.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gosh Darnit, Wish I would have read this earlier, woulda drove down from Grande Prairie to help out. Would been a bit of a haul with the Teryx on the back, but would have raised great familiar with the whitecourt trails, and meet some of the Trailblazers.

Did u guys get ur cleanin done? If there is gonna be another date please post ill keep an eye on this topic!

P.S. I admire your guyses teamwork.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gosh Darnit, Wish I would have read this earlier, woulda drove down from Grande Prairie to help out. Would been a bit of a haul with the Teryx on the back, but would have raised great familiar with the whitecourt trails, and meet some of the Trailblazers.

Did u guys get ur cleanin done? If there is gonna be another date please post ill keep an eye on this topic!

P.S. I admire your guyses teamwork.
Trails are pretty much done, the retired crew is out during the week replacing signs that were moved, disappeared or had holes shot in them. We had a big wind last week so I'm sure that there will be some work to do but we're going to wait till theres snow and fix up any new problems once we start riding.

Top Bottom