Trail lunches

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does everyone pack for their trail lunches? My first day of riding mostly consists of water and advil, not sure why?:shrug: But I'm guess it has something to do with everyone being so excited to be finally going.:shots: But by the second day I'm starting to get a little hungrier and our group usually makes a fire for hot dogs, sausage, etc. A warm meal tends to sit better than a frozen sandwich.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ussually a sandwich and warm it up on the pipe,sometimes an energy drink and a choclate bar or a couple cookies.!
catmando!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usually carry water and gatoraid, homemade jerky,granola bars, and nuts. I always have a couple freeze dried meals in the bottom of my pack..... you never know.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don`t eat much on the trail/riding. I`ll carry water and maybe some jerky. but I like to eat lots for supper when I get down the hill.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always have some garlic sausage in the Muff Pot warming, Some high energy junk food in the pack if needed and lots of poweraid.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a 500 ml thermos of hot soup last weekend. WAAAAYYYYY better than cold water......kinda takes the chill out of the day.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When i go i bring sandwich,,,water... gatorade.. Moose peproni, and usaly one of the people i ride with will have a roast cooking on his pipe or some wings or appys. in there muff pots...good eating on the trail

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I remember I take Moose sausage and OLD AGED cheese. start a fire and chow down. Top it off with a fruit and nut bar and I`m done.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Water, pop, steak nuggets and some nuts. Light and satisfying. Big supper and bedtime!!!!

Brew-doo......you made me laugh with the fruit cups........I remember that!!!

GRD

Reaction score
Canned soup! Have a cooker rigged up on the pipe, works good. Also, garlic sauage....

RenegadeX800

Reaction score
We always light a small fire if there is any dead wood to be found. Once in a while use the BBQ at the Renshaw cabin. We don't see many people cooking with a fire and perhaps it is fround upon. If someone can comment on this I would appreciate it.

I like the idea of soup in a thermos. I carry a can of barley soup in an aluminum can for lunch but hopt soup sounds better.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
In the mountains it water, a couple of sandwiches, a bunch of power bars (just in case a guy gets caught for a night) and a couple of small apple juice boxes.
I also carry a couple of dried soup mixes, if a guy gets in trouble you just throw snow in your shovel, shovel in the fire and whala...warm hearty soup for supper.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I guess I'd better go out and weld the holes up in my shovel tonight and pack some soup mix cause dang thats a good idea. Would people think I'm a redneck if I ate lunch from my shovel and wasn't stranded? :)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
For sure they would, but who cares, you'd be full and warm...lol...
I guess I'd better go out and weld the holes up in my shovel tonight and pack some soup mix cause dang thats a good idea. Would people think I'm a redneck if I ate lunch from my shovel and wasn't stranded? :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Monster Drinks &/or Gatorade, And A Store Bought Sandwich(usually Don't Eat In The Mountains -- Big Breakfast And Bigger Supper). Carry Small Can O' Beans(you Know For What) And Same As Bugs, Packaged Soup Mix, For Just In Case...........AND A BEER(OR TWO) AT THE TRUCK, AFTER A HARD DAYS RIDE.

Top Bottom