Trail Lunches

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
There is a new place in town to pick up sledders lunches. The awesome thing is that you can preorder them the night before and pick them up as early as 7:30 AM. I was there the other day and she was making homemade cinnamon buns to go in some lunches. MMMMM!!!!!!!

McBride Trading Co., 246 Main Street (across from IGA)
opens at 7:30 a.m. for sledders
- Hearty Mountain Lunches made to order, Coffee, Baked Goods.

Call Local (250) 569-2559 or 1-888-669-2559

NOTE: Geri (owner) is also a Snowmobile Club Supporter - donated funds to the club to keep propane in the warmup cabins

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea that is good as I picked up an sandwich the other from the gas station and I wouldn't of fead it to my dog it was so hard and definatley not fresh. Thanks to Judy for giving me a nice trail lunch for the next day as it tasted awesome. Freshly made is definately worth paying a little extra for. I will definatley be checking it out.

Thanks for posting that Judy.

.08rider

Reaction score
Sandwich?? are we still in grade school here? did you want some apple juice with that sandwich? perhaps some warm milk? BEER and smokies for us for lunch!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sandwich?? are we still in grade school here? did you want some apple juice with that sandwich? perhaps some warm milk? BEER and smokies for us for lunch!

I like the smokies for the hill but there is no place for beer on the hill. That's the #1 reason we ride areas that others don't know of. Seen it all too many times, altitude + alcohol + atitude = stupidity. I know lots will say they only take 1 or 2 up for lunch, gotta call BS on that because once the 1st one is opened everytime they stop for a break afterwards there seems to be an endless supply. If you think your cool having a beer on the hill think again, guessing you probably think it is still cool to be a smoker too!

Just a little side note on my opinion of drinking and riding, for whatever reason should I come across someone hurt badly while sledding and they smell of alcohol, pray that someone else is there to help you because I will not, you deserve what you get.

Now you can slam me for this, I expect it.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i guess thats why the handle is .08
if ya want to drink leave it till after and besides if the cops do run into you they can charge you with an impaired and take your machine

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This thread was started to let the 90 or better % of riders know that there is a place to buy fresh sandwich's. Take your beer and smokies and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

.08rider

Reaction score
I like the smokies for the hill but there is no place for beer on the hill. That's the #1 reason we ride areas that others don't know of. Seen it all too many times, altitude + alcohol + atitude = stupidity. I know lots will say they only take 1 or 2 up for lunch, gotta call BS on that because once the 1st one is opened everytime they stop for a break afterwards there seems to be an endless supply. If you think your cool having a beer on the hill think again, guessing you probably think it is still cool to be a smoker too!

Just a little side note on my opinion of drinking and riding, for whatever reason should I come across someone hurt badly while sledding and they smell of alcohol, pray that someone else is there to help you because I will not, you deserve what you get.

if I wanted a lecture I would have called my mom!! I do bring beer to the hill but you will never find more than two beer in my bag. I like the hot lunch, sandwichs are great but I find they freeze before you get to eat them. I love my beer after the ride, and unlike you I will help anyone in need , I will ask questions after I do what I can for someone in need. My handle is from my high school days and have not lost it. Never smoked a day in my life but beer oh ya lots of it. Some people believe they are better, I believe in help all who need it, do some abuse alcohol and ride (drive) yes but a person in need is just that,I will help, if they survive only they will know how lucky they are. My wife hit a peer at lake Wabamum five years ago on her sled and spent 5 months in the hospital, many helped us to this day I am greatfull for all who came to help. The paramedics from Parkland County will always be in my thoughts. my wife was NOT drinking, but not one person stopped to ask if she was, they just helped. Best of luck to the sandwich lady in her efforts, I wish her nothing but success in her business, I run a business and know how hard it is to make it. This thread took a turn off course and would like to appologize for that. Dennis

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread was started to let the 90 or better % of riders know that there is a place to buy fresh sandwich's. Take your beer and smokies and good luck.

Personally, I like both sandwiches and smokies, so I'll look up the sandwhich place. Nice to have a hot smoky also. Convenience rules! Don't have a lot of time to be making lunch when in McBride, either riding or doing other fun stuff later. Sounds like a great service and will definitely use it when I get out there. Thanks for the heads up!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fresh Food.............YUMMMMMMMM! I didnt get this way from eating lettuce!
Thanks Judy,will check it out if were not taking your lunches!
Might have to stop at your house for cookies!
Later catmando!

laserRob

Reaction score

"Just a little side note on my opinion of drinking and riding, for whatever reason should I come across someone hurt badly while sledding and they smell of alcohol, pray that someone else is there to help you because I will not, you deserve what you get.

That lawyer (Mackay) who left those 2 horses in 6 feet of snow to die said he force feed them gatorade during one of his alleged rescue attempts.

What if Mackay stumbles upon a wounded sledder and force feeds a Bud Light ........and then leaves.

And.......then you come along.

Rob

karbz700

Reaction score
blah blah blah. Thanks jude i will most definetly give there lunch a try.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Just a little side note on my opinion of drinking and riding, for whatever reason should I come across someone hurt badly while sledding and they smell of alcohol, pray that someone else is there to help you because I will not, you deserve what you get.

That lawyer (Mackay) who left those 2 horses in 6 feet of snow to die said he force feed them gatorade during one of his alleged rescue attempts.

What if Mackay stumbles upon a wounded sledder and force feeds a Bud Light ........and then leaves.

And.......then you come along.

Rob

lol im not sure

.08rider

Reaction score
What about BARLEY sandwiches???
it is alright if you are drinking lite beer, i once was pulled over, (Very drunk) and told the officer it was OK i was drinking lite beer, and he appologized and let me on my way, as he new if I took this to his superior officer he would look like a complete idiot. lite beer has been proven to increase your awareness and reaction times, as well as make your judgement more clear and thought provoking, Gulp, Gulp, yes dear I will have another, just put that can over there with the other 21!!! drink on ride hard, lite beer is where it is at!!!

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be for sure giving their lunches a try.Usually pick something up at the IGA.Thanks forthe info Judy.See you this weekend.

plastictits

Reaction score
Will be for sure giving their lunches a try.Usually pick something up at the IGA.Thanks forthe info Judy.See you this weekend.

OH BOY me too!! I love a good sandwich YUMMMMM and YuMMMM. I will be there in two weeks and will try them out forsure!!! Thanks for the post! Good luck to the sandwich lady.YUMMMMMMY

Top Bottom