Tragic News

cdnsleddog

Reaction score
There are few people that we have the privledge to meet during our lives that leave you with a smile and a warmth that follows you each day. Alana was one of these people. She had the uncanny ability to remember the smallest details that remind you that there are people that truly care and have a passion about life that you can really call a friend.

Our sincerist condolences to her family, friends and co-workers.

Alana, you will be missed by many. RIP friend.

Mitch

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our condolences as well. Read the article and is indeed very unfortunate:(

bigbull

Reaction score
Website
www.bigbullinc.com
Since myself and my friends are regulars at Zalas, we have head the pleasure of meeting Alana and experiencing her warmth, her smile, her caring nature, and her humor. She remembered our names and always stopped to talk even if we were not her table. On the day of the accident I left the mountain early with one of my friends and the other 2 of our group stayed on, and they where present shortly after the accident and performed life saving measures to attempt to resuscitate her. It was very shocking and emotional for them both once they realized who it was. I offer my prayers and condolensces to her family, her friends, and her boyfriend who was present at the scene. She will be missed by many.
BB

xp val

Reaction score
Since myself and my friends are regulars at Zalas, we have head the pleasure of meeting Alana and experiencing her warmth, her smile, her caring nature, and her humor. She remembered our names and always stopped to talk even if we were not her table. On the day of the accident I left the mountain early with one of my friends and the other 2 of our group stayed on, and they where present shortly after the accident and performed life saving measures to attempt to resuscitate her. It was very shocking and emotional for them both once they realized who it was. I offer my prayers and condolensces to her family, her friends, and her boyfriend who was present at the scene. She will be missed by many.
BB

Please pass on a big thank you to your friends for me, I did not get a chance to thank everyone who helped out at the time, cant remember the names of those present with me at Alanas side.
I take this opportunity now to say a big THANK YOU to all that helped out and was there with me.
Val

Last edited:

Muffet

Reaction score
Just read the post and article in the paper :( Tragic! Our thoughts and prayers are with all her family and friends.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Plans are in the making for a candle light ride Sat. night Jan. 16 on Boulder. Club meeting tonight and I will have more info tomorrow for you who would like to attend. We are going to need some help for this.
A celebration to honor Alana`s life will be held on Sun. Jan. 17 at the Catholic Church on MacKenzie Ave from 1-4 and her family has invited you all to attend.

Last edited:

Crazed

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers to all of her family and friends at this tragic time. Very sad

xp val

Reaction score
Plans are in the making for a candle light ride Sat. night Jan. 16 on Boulder. Club meeting tonight and I will have more info tomorrow for you who would like to attend. We are going to need some help for this.
A celebration to honor Alana`s life will be held on Sun. Jan. 17 at the Catholic Church on MacKenzie Ave from 1-4 and her family has invited you all to attend.

I'll be there Kathy, just let me know what I can do. Also sent you a msg just wondering if you got it,dont know my way around this site to well.
Val

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Hi Val, p.m.`d you my #, talked to Arlene last night after the meeting.
The plan is to all meet and ride up at 7 p.m. We will travel together as a group as there will be first time riders with us. We`ll take the Kirkup trail to the cabin. Burgers, dogs, coffee and hot chocolate will be provided by family and friends.
The family is asking that everyone bring some fireworks.

muffin

Reaction score
It will be hard going into Zalas and not seeing her face. She will be sadly missed by Georgina and myself ,our condolences ,

xp val

Reaction score
Hi Val, p.m.`d you my #, talked to Arlene last night after the meeting.
The plan is to all meet and ride up at 7 p.m. We will travel together as a group as there will be first time riders with us. We`ll take the Kirkup trail to the cabin. Burgers, dogs, coffee and hot chocolate will be provided by family and friends.
The family is asking that everyone bring some fireworks.

Thank you Kathy, I can see if i can rent a sled or two from mark if some dont have sleds. Will see if I can locate some fireworks here in calgary.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Pretty sure Mark is donating some sleds for the evening.
Tough to find fireworks around these parts, new bylaw passed. I did find some for our New Years deal at the market by the Burner at Malkwa only place from here to Sorrento that did. Sounds like we will have a great turn out.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
calgary area riders, the store across from our shop has fireworks, and i'll see if he can rush more in for next week. they have connections in the film industry for the bad boys. i'll try, and help out as much from this end, and will have room in the trailer for that week-end, if anyone needs a lift out.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Also look up "Uncle John's Fireworks" he's here in Edmonton but may be able to ship some to you all for this event.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
calgary area riders, the store across from our shop has fireworks, and i'll see if he can rush more in for next week. they have connections in the film industry for the bad boys. i'll try, and help out as much from this end, and will have room in the trailer for that week-end, if anyone needs a lift out.

Any Calgary area riders going to this event can PM me as well, I have some that someone can pick up if they are going.

Top Bottom