Tracks and/or Plows

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have either set up on their side by sides?

Good brands? Reviews? Suggestions?

I'm looking at the Warn plow setup on my Rzr S.. 60" blade, complete package for about $550-580

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put the tracks on my Rhino today so I can`t help you with that just yet, but I have a 6 ft Warn plow on since last year, Great plow but really heavy, probably 150 lbs. If I was doing it again I would go for the 5 ft .
Don

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much I can tell you about a rzr but I use my rhino for plowing and I can tell you a couple good tips. First if you haven't got a clutch kit yet put one in first, and if you are running oversize tires go back to stock. You will need your gear ratio as low as you can get or you will go through belts like crazy (wet clutches in the rhino's case). Chains are an awesome idea, I only run them in the rear because I worry about having too much grab in the front I'd rather have them spin a bit than break axles. I still have plenty of grip. Lastly, using cable or rope on your winch is not a good idea if you have a heavy plow. The line will bunch itself up on the spool and wear through the cable very fast. A better solution is to use a 10 foot length of cable and tie it to an 8 foot tow strap and use that to connect to the plow. It distributes the load much better and you won't be sawing through ropes or cables constantly.

MHC73

Reaction score
I am running a 72" Moose plow on my Commander. Works great. But, I do find it doesn't lift high enough. Good sturdy plow and priced well. Swapped out the stock carbide and got a piece of 4" stainless bar and had the bolt holes cut by a plasma.

I bought a slightly heavier cable and went with about 15' so it wouldn't pull down thru my winch spool. Well I still broke it... Ordered a specialty cable I found at Moto Alliance that ties a synthetic line to a winch strap. See how that works.

I've used the Warn plows on quads and had good luck although I do find them a bit light for the amount of snow we got here last year and tore my last one up.

Can Am's system is sweet... really heavy and very tall. It lifts very high I would guess 20" or more. I have a friend that set his X up with one. Probably the best OEM set up I've seen to date. Expensive but extremely well thought out. I think you can even use it on dirt or gravel in the off season. It has holes drilled for extension arms to lock the plow from flipping forward.

MM is right, drive the unit in low and get a clutch kit and stick with stock tires. I smoked a Rhino wet clutch plowing a few seasons ago. Surprisingly easy to do running oversized rubber. At the time I was running 30" Mud Lites. Learned an expensive lesson....

Top Bottom