Track Tension too tight or normal?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was trying to unload the sled off the deck and tried pushing it back off without starting it.I had the front end right off the deck and pushing backwards but the sled wouldn't even move.So i started it up and backed it off....I just lifted the skid off the ground and tried to spin the track by hand,it moves very little but i have to put alot of downward force on the paddles to make it move.Not sure that is normal to be that tight because my Cat and Doo were easy to spin...i did get the skid moved to the upper hole and track readjusted.Will try to get a pic and possibly a video to show you guys..Thanks
DSCF1274.jpg

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check thru your owners manual. There's a part on track tension and Polaris has always hung a 10lb. weight off the track and a measurement is taken from a certain spot. The manual has the proper description on what to do.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check thru your owners manual. There's a part on track tension and Polaris has always hung a 10lb. weight off the track and a measurement is taken from a certain spot. The manual has the proper description on what to do.

U can't really see but behind the tape measure I have a 10lb weight on the track...Polaris says 3/8-1/2",I just thought that the track seems a bit tight.

Top Bottom