Towing With a Pro?

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with pulling out a dead sled using a Pro RMK with the carbon fiber bumper? I'm picking mine up at the end of the month and to me the bumper and mounts look like a weak spot on this sled. I believe that every sled in our group should have the capability of towing whether its a simple pull down the road or a nasty three sled pull out of an ugly hole.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah they are pretty weak.. I busted mine just from tail walkin up a hill lol.. They are only good fer liftin the back of the sled an lookin fairly cool doin it lol

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya definately not strong enough to tow from. i don't even use it to tie the sled down. I tie through the side mount. I would upgrade the bumper or if you wanted you could tow from the rear of the running board bars.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont tow with it it will break ... i broke it the first tow i did with it last year .... and dont just replace the bar replace the mounts as well the cast alluminum is very weak and it broke the second second tow i did ... i got a piece of alluminum pipe and bent it and bolted in the stock holes works awesome

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year when i took out the stator in my summit one of the guys i was ridin with had a 2011 assault and he towed me on my sled all the way back to my buddies house that was about 5 miles away without ripping it off. he hooked the tow rope up to the far left and right side of the rear bumper to where it bolts in the tunnel and it was fine. i wouldnt hook the rope to the middle of the bumper or it'll break but as long as you keep it to the far left and right side to distribute the weight being towed you should be ok. just dont hook the rope up right in the middle of the bumper or it'll break forsure.

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Will probably put on a different bumper. Was looking at the Vanamburg; any other suggestions?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
build you own mine cost about 10 bucks and 20 minutes to polish !!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont tow with it it will break ... i broke it the first tow i did with it last year .... and dont just replace the bar replace the mounts as well the cast alluminum is very weak and it broke the second second tow i did ... i got a piece of alluminum pipe and bent it and bolted in the stock holes works awesome

im thinking ur riding partners should buy a better sled

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what they get for riding a cat i guess lol.... this year he bought a new m800 hopefully it will be acouple rides before i have start towing him out !!!!

Top Bottom