Towing a trailer with an 8ft sled deck

Braedend

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a duramax a few months ago and am now looking for a sled deck. In the summer we do a lot of quadding and winter sledding in the mountains. My truck is a short box(6.5') and am wondering if I can still tow a travel trailer with a 8ft deck in the box. I am just worried about turning. The last thing I want to do is hit the trailer. In the summer I'd like to put 2 quads up on the deck and the travel trailer behind. If anyone has any recommendations or can let me know if the setup will work or not that'd be great!

Thanks in advance

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a duramax a few months ago and am now looking for a sled deck. In the summer we do a lot of quadding and winter sledding in the mountains. My truck is a short box(6.5') and am wondering if I can still tow a travel trailer with a 8ft deck in the box. I am just worried about turning. The last thing I want to do is hit the trailer. In the summer I'd like to put 2 quads up on the deck and the travel trailer behind. If anyone has any recommendations or can let me know if the setup will work or not that'd be great!

Thanks in advance

Check out this website...this is what you'll need to do it properly. I have used one with an 8' deck for years. Torklift.com | Home of Torklift International

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi we have a short box as well and the 7ft deck (7.5) doesn t even stick out much. Looking good for this camping season. Cheers

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
So if you havent bought the deck yet...Look at buying a shorty,and get an extension for it.Then you dont have the over hang.Mine is 7' with a two ' extension..Works great.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on the length of the hitch on your trailer....you may get away with it. With an 8' deck, you can side load the 2 quads, so you wouldn't have to pull the sides out...which leaves it almost 12" narrower on either side. Helps the turning radius, but it's still going to be super tight. I think Medler's advice is best...the shorty deck and extension works great.

tool_man

Reaction score
I bought a 8 ft truckboss and actually took a panel out to make it 7 ft so I can tow my travel trailer. It's a little short for a 155" sled but works, and no problem for 2 Cat quads.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a Cross Trax deck with the removable extension. Best of both worlds. The BEST deck on the market and made in Alberta.

Reactions: GRD
Top Bottom