top end gasket kits???

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am doing the top end of my 800 and called the dealer for a top end gasket and o ring set. They only sell them individually and for the base gasket, head o ring, cover o ring, 2 cylinder o rings they want $140!!! that didnt include the 2 little o rings that seal around the spark plug bosses either!!

I went online and see bikeman has a cometic gasket set for $75 US.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a canadian dealer for cometic or has bought a top end kit from somewhere that is cheaper than what my dealer is selling for??

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call rec supply in Saskatoon sk I believe the whole gasket kit top and bottom is around $160 and they ship with dhl for around 12 bucks in sk and ab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's usually not a problem reusing the gasket and o-rings. If they look good they probably are. There are places in the city that just sell o-rings.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal Distributing sells gasket kits. They are Canadian so the prices are pretty fare. For the price I wouldn't reuse gaskets! That 140 or so dollars isn't worth the risk.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's usually not a problem reusing the gasket and o-rings. If they look good they probably are. There are places in the city that just sell o-rings.
I wasnt sure if you could do that or not. Should a guy use anything on the base gasket for sealer? I have the mtn tek kit that uses a base gasket on both sides of the cylinder shim. Was thinking of using the copper high tack spray sealer.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal Distributing sells gasket kits. They are Canadian so the prices are pretty fare. For the price I wouldn't reuse gaskets! That 140 or so dollars isn't worth the risk.
I hear what your saying. This motor was just rebuilt and had 2 rides on it when i bought it last spring. I wanted to check the ring gap on the wiseco pistons as the previous owner said he didnt check as he thought they were just drop in. So very little time on the motor. Came apart no problem. Nothing was stuck or had to be peeled off. Gaskets and o rings look like new.

glad i looked at the ring gap as they were set at .016-.017. Too tight. The cylinders were warranty replacement and were at the max for taper right out of the box! .002-.0025. Mass produced crap. I sent the jugs out to have them redone and squared up for piece of mind. New rings set at .022. Should be good to go afterwards.

140 for a few o rings and a base gasket is ridiculous IMO. Someone is making alot of money!!lol

will try reusing these gaskets i think.

Boost-it

Reaction score
We have sold and installed lots of the Winderosa gasket kits. They work well and they're only $75.00

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reuse your gaskets as long as you haven't damaged them. I have an engine I have pulled down about 5 times and have used the same top end gaskets but have replaced the base gasket once.

Top Bottom