Top dead center cylinder # one?

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
silly question, which side of an 800R is cylinder # one?
It does not matter how you align the TR7 primary when re installing on the PTO shaft, It was a joke on the DJ clutch video and i fell for it, I must not be the only person who did.

Last edited:

xpdoodoo

Reaction score
In the 08 manual, they only refer to setting the MAG side to TDC to complete a timing check/ adjustment. No mention of 1 or 2. I would assume MAG side = #1.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes mag is number 1. you can use the TDC gauge and also check to make sure that crank is not out of phase. You will need a degree wheel though. Pull off clutch install Degree wheel find tdc mag. install a piece of wire as a pointer pointing at either 360 or 180 on the wheel. Move tdc gauge to pto find tdc on it. if its good it will line up exactly 180 degrees from your first reading.

just my 2 cents

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its called a wasted spark system when one is at tdc other is bdc has run like this for years

toml

Reaction score
TDC does not matter, just make sure the timing marks on the clutch line up. Wont effect your timing. The clutch is balanced in the factory, thats why the timing marks matter

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
i asked for this thread to be deleted as i found out the day after i started it that it was only a joke on Joeys video, I am surprised that it received so much response

Top Bottom