Tools Tools Tools !!! Best one! Review!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to detract from the current thread,

But for any dudes/dudettes who geek out over tools/shop life you may find the Garage Journal message boards interesting. There's people from all walks of life on there ranging from backyard hacks like me to pro mechanics or artisan metal and wood workers. Be warned, there's a lot to envy on there and it *will* end up costing you money haha.

The Garage Journal

Been a member since 2009
Great site!

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to detract from the current thread,

But for any dudes/dudettes who geek out over tools/shop life you may find the Garage Journal message boards interesting. There's people from all walks of life on there ranging from backyard hacks like me to pro mechanics or artisan metal and wood workers. Be warned, there's a lot to envy on there and it *will* end up costing you money haha.

The Garage Journal

Just had a quick look at the site this Dremel 3D printer looks sick they are advertising.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413590267.821038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had a quick look at the site this Dremel 3D printer looks sick they are advertising.

View attachment 175179

It's a great site. There is a allot of true craftsman on there... Or guys with too much money and allot of time on there hands!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tool storage / work bench review!
New age pro series Cabinets
Just
Installed these and very happy with the quality and finish. 18gauge, doors open close great. Drawers slide great, shelves don't bow loaded up.
I bought 4 base cabinets, one locker, 6 upper cabinets on sale from costco. Delivered to my door for 3G really are a great product for the price point!

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tool storage / work bench review!
New age pro series Cabinets
Just
Installed these and very happy with the quality and finish. 18gauge, doors open close great. Drawers slide great, shelves don't bow loaded up.
I bought 4 base cabinets, one locker, 6 upper cabinets on sale from costco. Delivered to my door for 3G really are a great product for the price point!

Looks awesome I would like something like that. And you can't beat the return policy of Costco. Bet you were shocked when you unpacked them and there was a boy in there lol.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome I would like something like that. And you can't beat the return policy of Costco. Bet you were shocked when you unpacked them and there was a boy in there lol.

Ya by fluke they where on sale. And like you say I figured if I didn't like them I'd return them. The only thing I'd do different is build a cabinet style box for them to sit on rather than the adjustable feet. They are a pia to adjust then bolt together and keep level tight etc! You can't adjust back feet once bolted together. It's the only downfall I've found so far. Next is butcher block for a work top.

And yes finding the boy was a shock ! Luckily he looks just like his mom so we decided to keep him!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up 2 of these this summer. Worked amazing. Probably went through 30 boxes of nails each and they both crapped out within a week of each other. They have a 3 year warranty so I guess we will see how good the warranty is. Liked it way better than the pass lode cordless nailer. Have owned over 50 pass lode nailers and they very temperamental. This is going to be a awesome thread!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 251

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up 2 of these this summer. Worked amazing. Probably went through 30 boxes of nails each and they both crapped out within a week of each other. They have a 3 year warranty so I guess we will see how good the warranty is. Liked it way better than the pass lode cordless nailer. Have owned over 50 pass lode nailers and they very temperamental. This is going to be a awesome thread!

Nice, I have a pasload, it's been good but I'm sure I don't put the volume threw you do. I bought it due to my house is 90 years old and the fir wood is a little hard to nail to!

Warranty is great as long as someone can do it. I talked to the red deer Home Depot when I was looking at table saws. The Ridgit one for $350 was very tempting it has life time warranty But the only place in red deer that does it told Home Depot to jam it! Due to they would not pay to replace all the parts to fix stuff the right way. So red deer guys be aware you might have to drive to Edmonton or Calgary to get warranty on Ridgit stuff anyway! Still a great saw for the price I think it was a Ridgit 4510

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee cordless tools. 1/2 inch drive impact is my favourite saves so much time!!! The drill and 3/8 impact are awesome too, as is the cordless angle grinder. Next favorites are the lathe, milling machine and the 40 ton press my dad built.
I have spent a bunch of money the past few years updating to a pretty much full Milwaukee lineup, I have the 12 volt fuel line as well as the the 18 volt and 18xc batteries. I love them all, the 1/2 impact is incredible, I pretty much dont use any air tools anymore other than a 1" impact. I use them for heavy duty work, logging trucks for the most part.

The only Milwaukee tool I have had fail is my 1/2 drill, but of course I had used a 3/4 reamer to upsize a dozen 5/8 holes to 3/4 holes. I let the smoke out on the 11th hole. That was the 3rd battery of the job. It was getting a bit hot :)

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee cordless tools. 1/2 inch drive impact is my favourite saves so much time!!! The drill and 3/8 impact are awesome too, as is the cordless angle grinder. Next favorites are the lathe, milling machine and the 40 ton press my dad built.
I hear they now have an 18xc Fuel 3/4 impact, any word on how good it is? If its anything like the 1/2 inch version its a great tool.

E to the v

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A fien is an oscillating saw. I install hardwood floors so I use it to cut door jams. Or to cut out hardwood boards. Does a wicked job. And you can Get metal blades or sanding pads. Dremel makes one to but doesnt stand a chance agaisnt the german made fien.

Exactly. I finally sucked it up & bought the Fein. They re the best. Cheapos dont compare.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How thick can you cut? Can you get aluminum blade? I have the mill dry cut chop saw..I love it

I've cut 1" plate with it. You don't need to switch blades to cut aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not exactly a tool but one of the most useful devices I own. It's a micro jump starter and it will jump start a v8 15 times in a row. I carry it on the atv just in case. It will also charge and run phones, laptops,dvd's you name it. Plus it fits in your pocket and you can recharge it from a cigarette lighter plug or a 120 outlet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom