Tool holder on 2012 XP

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
All my tools came in a small pouch in the little box on top of the belt guard. I noticed a few things on the fancy belt guard that would hold tools.

Anybody else notice this? There is a clip near the top and I can't figure out what it is supposed to hold.

I will put my tools in the pouch as I would not want them to shake loose and get caught in the clutch. Anyone else with thoughts?

IMG_0555.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats for the spanner tool. Goes in the 12mm? hole.

And no, I would not point any tools in any of those little holders. Once they loosen up we know where they will end up.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh fernie, just throw the tools away what ya need them for, ya got a new doo.

Sledneck911

Reaction score
you should take that plastic piece right out of there! holds lots of heat in and causes belts to blow faster!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should take that plastic piece right out of there! holds lots of heat in and causes belts to blow faster!

who told ya this? time passes things change,,, on the 2012 the guard is all new and meant to stay... now maybe after a few more miles things will change

I wouldnt be putting tools on that guard extra weight and risk of damage for sure

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if anything cut out the plastic tool case and mount it beside the can this would also allow for more air flow to the clutch,, be it from the engine but really that guard is also sucking hot air in the footwell

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the plastic is designed to be in place i was told to leave it in as it lowers temp by 15C or so just what was told when i picked mine up

coffeeboy

Reaction score
I took the big ugly shock tool out and stuffed it between the foam under the seat along with the tool pouch, fits great and you can't feel it! I now use tool holder for keeping a bottle of water warm..

CrAWlSpACe

Reaction score
It's obvious you haven't done your homework...myself and about 50 others are retrofitting these pieces to our 2011's I put a temp gun on mine before adding it and after adding. I rode the same roads, same distance near my home. I have actual data showing my clutches were 20 degrees cooler after adding this 40 dollar kit. In my mind ski doo hit a home run

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's obvious you haven't done your homework...myself and about 50 others are retrofitting these pieces to our 2011's I put a temp gun on mine before adding it and after adding. I rode the same roads, same distance near my home. I have actual data showing my clutches were 20 degrees cooler after adding this 40 dollar kit. In my mind ski doo hit a home run

Would u have part # for said kit???

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was going to look into getting one for my 09 and I just got home and totally forgot about it when I was at the dealer buying new belts. doh!

Clay911

Reaction score
you dont have to cut the tool holder out, it just clips out as they did on Revs. I took mine out and put a AC goggle warmer bag zip tied to the clutch cover in place of it and keep a set of goggles warm in there or warm up my frozen lunch.

I run my own tool setup in a MA bag on the back.

Top Bottom