Tool Chest Suggestions

theseeker

Reaction score
Im looking for suggestions on a good durable tool chest for my f150. Right now I have a aluminum cross over box that the latches are starting to give me trouble and the welds are starting to crack. Im an operator so I carry a few tools and miscellaneous junk in it for work it seems like I'm replacing it every couple years because they fall apart. Is there a good toolbox out there or should I just get one custom built?

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Weatherguard chest in the front of my truck and it seems to be holding up thus far. It's aluminum but it's thicker than any other brand I looked at. I have a weatherguard packrat in the back of the truck and am happy with that too.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a weather guard chest for sale right now, it has held up perfectly, here is the link to the thread if ur interested.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i sell the weathergaurd line up. cross boxes, pork chop,super lows,pack rats,etc. can price if ya like. pm me though as i dont check on here during day too often if your intrested.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always liked the wood tool box lying flat in your box like the pic in Kawiriders other posts, they are the way to go in my opinion

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I liked it because you don't have to climb in the truck all the time to get tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like this style and it's what I run now. I have the chest sitting against the front of the bed for my bag, tool box, some fittings and what not. But the packrat has all my wrenches, pipe wrenches, some material, benders, and whatnot in it. I had plywood ones for years too but I don't think I would go back now. You can make them bigger and more customized..... but even with teflon on the bottom I found them always sticky when loaded heavy. No matter how heavy, the rat is on rollers and it moves easily regardless. I have the biggest one they make ( pictured below) and it was so cheap I couldn't say no.....

Moose

Reaction score
tidy truck builds a floor box similar to the one above i have one and love it, drive the quad ontop, and the best part still have the whole box

Top Bottom