To HID or not to HID?

yammyman

Reaction score
Anyone have success with aftermarket H4 headlight bulbs, rather than HID? i.e. PIAA or something else. I don't really know much about the HID kits durability, installation and any adverse affects on the electrical system i.e. speedo. I just want something a bit brighter, but I'd consider HID's.

Thanks

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had them in my sled for 400km. Then it triggered engine codes and possible may have been a reason sled spent a night on the hill. Can't confirm it. But it continued to show check engine from that point on. Pulled the lights and haven't had a code since. Mine is pull start. But the set I have do not require external battery source and I ran them in my 2011 with not one single issue.

pooch

Reaction score
i had a set in my 2013 pull start and as soon as i put them in, check engine light was on. would put it in limp mode. so i removed them. works fine with stockers.

yammyman

Reaction score
Are they a PITA to install or plug and play? What do they run a guy?

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine were a pain. And now can't remove the hood as easily because of the wires running to the batt and to ground, also getting everything all tucked away( ballasts, beam controller,and all the wires) is a chore and a half as there's not much room for anything extra to begin with. Also the little rubber seal cups on the back of the lights to keep the lights sealed get discarded so I'm not sure if ill be having condensation issues in the lenses yet. Time will tell on that one.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
PIAA super plasma GTX bulbs are the tits. Give a slight purple hue and very bright in low beam and a super white and very bright high beam.

yammyman

Reaction score
PIAA super plasma GTX bulbs are the tits. Give a slight purple hue and very bright in low beam and a super white and very bright high beam.

That's basically what I wanted to here! Do they have any ill effects on the electrical at all? I have estart... Where did you get em?

Top Bottom