tMotion Suspension

R_janssen

Reaction score
So after riding the 2013's, I'm am going to put the the tMotion suspension in my 2012 Summit X. Anyone know what all has the be changed in order to put it in? And I doubt anyone would know at this time but what is the cost on the tMotion suspension?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after riding the 2013's, I'm am going to put the the tMotion suspension in my 2012 Summit X. Anyone know what all has the be changed in order to put it in? And I doubt anyone would know at this time but what is the cost on the tMotion suspension?

The knuckle part is like 400.00, but then u need the track and the rails ect

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The knuckle part is like 400.00, but then u need the track and the rails ect

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

You don't need the rails. You buy the susp. kit and the track. Brp says this will work but not as well as the XM platform will. The kit will fit 2008-13 XP Summits.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh i was told u need the 13 rails cause the tip of the rail profile has a lower approach angle

im sure u need the rails for it to work the best if ur going to spend the money

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could probably buy the rails if you want but your $400 now turns into $900.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
You could probably buy the rails if you want but your $400 now turns into $900.

Track... Rails... Rear arm kit.... Why would you not take the dive into a new chassis rather than throwing a bunch of money at old technology? I mean you could get 11 or 12 for it....... Minus a grand or more for your upgrades.... Will only really work out to 1000-2000 dollars and your into a new platform..... With the footboards and all the other new stuff.... IMO its the way to go. 2 cents.

groschien

Reaction score
I'm doing the TMotion upgrade on my 2012 freeride and not changing rails and track, NO NEED, and I think it is better without the flex track. I like my sled to stay hooked on a steep sidehill and I felt that the flex tended to swipe downhill a little.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some trivia for you all. Snow and Muds own T Team is actually the guy who pioneered the T motion suspension. After failing miserably at side hilling and slamming into trees he actually broke the front arm in the skid thus accidentily developing the split front arm you see in this package today. While himself and Maxwell were trying to figure out how to get the sled out of the treewell T noticed the track was pressed against the tree and flexed up along the side. Thus the flex track came into being. The two of them still fight over who saw the track flex first to this day but the nod was given to T for developing the T motion. Not many people know this.............................................

Lmao!!!!;);)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Some trivia for you all. Snow and Muds own T Team is actually the guy who pioneered the T motion suspension. After failing miserably at side hilling and slamming into trees he actually broke the front arm in the skid thus accidentily developing the split front arm you see in this package today. While himself and Maxwell were trying to figure out how to get the sled out of the treewell T noticed the track was pressed against the tree and flexed up along the side. Thus the flex track came into being. The two of them still fight over who saw the track flex first to this day but the nod was given to T for developing the T motion. Not many people know this.............................................

Lmao!!!!;);)

You are a fountain if information but let me ask you one question.....why aren't you seeding?

Last edited:

groschien

Reaction score

Funny stuff there snopro, keep us posted on when the case is settled! :madgrin:
:lol2:

R_janssen

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I heard it was about $320 (but that is not confirmed). I would just have to by the suspension components, less the rails and the track. The suspension should fit in as it is the same chasis. Correct?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fits all 2008-13 XP mountain sleds with the SCM-5 skids we are told.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to stir anything up, but Doo you guys really think your 2011/2012 XP's will still fetch that kind of money (11/12 grand) in re-sale? History shows that when the new stuff comes out, last years model re-sale price tanks because so many people want to upgrade.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess resale is better on doo. No problem ditching a year old sled for 11-12 as long as its loaded and in good shape low miles.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to stir anything up, but Doo you guys really think your 2011/2012 XP's will still fetch that kind of money (11/12 grand) in re-sale? History shows that when the new stuff comes out, last years model re-sale price tanks because so many people want to upgrade.

We are already taking deposits on low km 2012 Etec Summit X's for guys at the shop for $11500. The ETEC seems to be holding there value well but the PTEKS are taking a hit with the Sport selling for under $10000.

Reaction score
this is good news, i have a 08 xp with a fresh 860 and i didnt want to get hosed on it, but i really want the new xm after riding it in valemount. if i can have the t motion with a 860...hmmmm :D

Top Bottom