Titanium Springs in skid (setup questions)

docloh

Reaction score
So I upgraded my springs to RCS (Renton coils springs) in titanium & progressive in the rear skid. Any recommendations for initial setup by anyone? I'm 170 lbs and love the tree riding.

It's a 2014 pro with a BD turbo

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you not get any info from Renton on set up? I changed out my springs to Raptors last year and I got initial set up info straight from Raptor. They also answered any questions I had via email.

docloh

Reaction score
I did get some rough numbers from them, but wanted to see what others experiences have been with them. Currently the Ski springs are at 10.5" after preload. Rear skid spring is 11-3/8" and front skid spring is 6-1/4" when preloaded.

thanks,
Steve

Biggs456

Reaction score
Website
www.raptorshocks.com
Here are some tuning recommendations we give with the Raptor Springs. Keep in mind that rates will be different and ours are multi-rate which changes the results slightly but the idea is similar as far as tuning for different situations. Hopefully these help you out a little.

1.) Sled wants to wallow around and not stay flat.
A.)This is not a bad thing depending on what you’re doing (boon docking) but if you feel it’s a negative you can crank in two turns of preload at a time into the ski springs until you reach your goal. Some potential negatives with this is excessive ski pressure resulting in heavy steering.
2.) Vehicle feels bouncy and wants to deflect off of bumps.
A.) Two much preload on the springs can cause this issue back off until acceptable also a couple clicks of compression can help settle this down.
3.) Vehicle has heavy steering and wants to dart excessively on the trail.
A.) This has many culprits but as far as springs to much preload will cause excess weight on the skis and heavier steering.
4.) Vehicle won’t turn on the trail and wants to push in the corners.
A.) This also has many culprits but as far as springs the more preload you give the ski springs the more weight it will put on the skis and the better they will bite.
5.) Vehicle bottoms in the rear at will and transfers (ski lift) too much weight under acceleration.
A.)Tightening up the rear spring will help reduce both bottoming along with excessive ski lift. Finding a balance here can take a few adjustments and should be made along with front track preload to get a perfect balance of ride quality and ski lift.
6.) Vehicle bottoms in the center and you can feel it on your heels.
A.) Tightening up the center spring will help for the bottoming out but can cause more ski lift under acceleration. Again this is a fine balance and adjustments can be made in conjunction with the rear track shock spring along with limiter strap adjustments.

Korey

Reaction score
So I upgraded my springs to RCS (Renton coils springs) in titanium & progressive in the rear skid. Any recommendations for initial setup by anyone? I'm 170 lbs and love the tree riding.

It's a 2014 pro with a BD turbo

View attachment 177183

Hey great looking sled man. Who makes those vents on the top of your side panels?

docloh

Reaction score
They are from a guy in Chocrane that custom makes them. He laser cuts the aluminum, powder coats, then puts backing on. They are very tough. I can track down contact details if you are interested ?

Best ones I've seen so far.

Top Bottom