Tiss the Season... just a reminder

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a maintenance reminder. Before we all get out for the first rip there are a few simple things that should be considered. I know that most of you know all this but like I said... just a reminder. :rolleyes::)

Iv'e been sledding for a long time and have seen many trips ruined or dissrupted due to someones poor preseason maintenance or no maintenance at all on there sled. Everybody pays the price sometimes.

Simple things like going over every nut and bolt on the skid and under the hood checkin for proper tension, checking idler wheel bearings/axel wear, drive shaft bearings, clutch springs (should be replaced so often), old fuel lines may need replacing, frayed throttle cable?, recoil rope, check all electrical wireing for breaks or heat damage / melting / rub through, coolant hoses and fasteners, cracked carb or throttle body boots, ???

Anyway, thought I'd mention the EASY stuff to address before heading out, may easily save a headache?

Add what you want to the list please :):)

Happy riding this season!!!!!!

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, nothing worse than breaking down before you even get to the cabin on the first trip of the year.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your sliders, grease your skid, check limiter straps...happy riding!:d

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point!

I spent two days on my sled doing some repairs, and maintenance.

I'm a pretty firm believer of preventative maintenance. I don't go as far to check every bolt, but I do keep an eye on things when I'm doing other maintenance, tighten bolts with similar wrench sizes, adjust things as required, etc.

In the end it pays off. I have yet to break down. *knock on wood*

One thing I feel is sometimes the case, which may differ from you guys, but I find if a bolt is tight and you tighten it more, it sometimes makes it more prone to backing off/out. I usually "test" them, but unless I have a torque wrench handy, I don't try to torque it more.

Happy Sledding!

Top Bottom