tires

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know we have talk about tires before but just wondering what the weight of 28 gorilla silverback

weigh and your take on them silverback or outlaw 2 outlaw1 the tread is to close

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know we have talk about tires before but just wondering what the weight of 28 gorilla silverback

weigh and your take on them silverback or outlaw 2 outlaw1 the tread is to close
I have the silverbacks on my outlander (28") and I love them. I find they are better in the winter then the outlaws because of them being more rounded. The outlaws paddle better in water. Seen it happen many times when I guy gets stuck in a water hole and high entered then jump off the quad and the tires will push enough water that he can walk the quad out. Doesn't happen with silverbacks. I think the silverbacks last longer. I find my tires spin a lot in 2wd. Because there is less contact patch on the ground the tire will just spin instead of doing wheelies.

Bottom line is the are both great tires and you won't go wrong with either if you are looking for a mud tire. But I do like my silverbacks.

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got silverbacks on my XMR and I think they are all right but the paddles are a bit stiff and they don't side hill worth a crap. I just heard terminators are a nice mud tire to buy as the paddles are not as ridged and not as prone to snap your axles as silverbacks. :beer::thumb:

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the terms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fronts are 33.75 lbs and rear are 39.....
CMR championship mud racing in the US run outlaws to the silverback....but its about 60/40.... although some go to a tractor looking tire like the JD Rockets.... this pic was taken today at Spruce View Mud Races ... Canada Day... this is Bill Ford from Onway Allberta... he is doing the full CMR 7 stops down in Texas and Louisiana .... hes been placing 1 st in all the alberta mud races... and this is his practice bike... his real racer and sxs is down at a friends place in Louisiana ...lol

anyways those are the JD Rockets.....not a good trail tire... lol

Attachments

• videos of july 1 2015 mud bog 008.jpg
    videos of july 1 2015 mud bog 008.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CMR championship mud racing in the US run outlaws to the silverback....but its about 60/40.... although some go to a tractor looking tire like the JD Rockets.... this pic was taken today at Spruce View Mud Races ... Canada Day... this is Bill Ford from Onway Allberta... he is doing the full CMR 7 stops down in Texas and Louisiana .... hes been placing 1 st in all the alberta mud races... and this is his practice bike... his real racer and sxs is down at a friends place in Louisiana ...lol

Those are juggernaut tire are they not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I run the same tires on the wife's ACE......

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this tire just came out about a month or two ago... JD Rockets are out of eastern canada here actually.... the juggernut is different and made by a different company... these right now are proving as a big winner.... cause of less weight and rotational mass... 9 people i know have now switched to this tire....2 people here in alberta and the rest down in the south... although running crushlocks is only for serious mud running and not good at all for trail riding cause the tire is so stiff when wrapped all the way around...

Top Bottom