Tires for Renegade?

dirty dawg

Reaction score
what tires do you have on your gade? i dont know if i should go with the mud lite or the terracross.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have 27" Mud light XTR's there excellent tires, there are some guys I see running the regular mud light's. When theres alot of mud on the fenders the tire will hit the front of the rear fender. I just bend it foward and its fine untill it goes back totally. Someday I will put some reinforcement there and it wont do that. Terracross are more for UTV's. I would stick with Mud lights

Did you read up about Terracross tires, look at the following link or go into the Product review section of the site

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Road with Ron and Dragonlady on the weekend and will support Ron on his choice of quad tires. I am impressed with the way that machine with those tires can go thru the mud and stuff. The height minimizes highcentering and the grips blasts him thru the mud. I guess if your doing WARP 8 it helps also right Ron. Go with the Mud lites and you can buy us a COOR lite at Averge Joes for the advise. Thanks

dirty dawg

Reaction score
you used them in snow and sand? how do they perform. also that optimizer do you run your with the pipe? i saw in an old post you returned it cuase it was not working. does it make a diffrence with pipe or just other engine mods

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
you used them in snow and sand? how do they perform. also that optimizer do you run your with the pipe? i saw in an old post you returned it cuase it was not working. does it make a diffrence with pipe or just other engine mods

Tires - only had since this summer, but there excellent in sand, Im sure snow there great too. And I can still go around corners sideways and they dont bite too mutch. I tried to get the chip working and I had problems just needed to use dielectric grease in the connections, there is quite a difference too, more snap. Love the noise too, just like riding the sled.

dirty dawg

Reaction score
rk
what upgrades do you have on your gade. my boy has a outlaw 500 and is getting full exhaust to try and bet me. i need to keep on top of him so he does not. also what have you toped out on.

Bryan

Reaction score
This weekend I am going to get mudlights for my gade, 26" M/L XTR, do I need to get spacers for the from rims to clear the tie rods??

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
This weekend I am going to get mudlights for my gade, 26" M/L XTR, do I need to get spacers for the from rims to clear the tie rods??

Yes you will need spacers but don't buy a spacer kit just use 1 thick washer on each lug and you will clear the tie rod just fine and have more gas money in your jeans :)

GNP

Reaction score
I ran 26" XTRs on my gade last year. Lots of traction, tough as nails but HEAVY! I really noticed the weight difference with handling. I sold the XTR's and went with 25" (measure more like a 26") Bighorns and they have been excellent! They are tough, light and bite well in everything I've ridden on. I'm thrilled with them and recommend them to anyone.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i know you are looking at the xtr's but i would recomend the maxxis zilla. i know you have the power to turn the big heavy tires but these are the lightest on the market. and tough, i have driven through all kinds of crap without a problem at all. as for traction i had mudlites on mine before and it is almost night and day. the wear is excelent as well. i dont think anybody i have recomended them too regrets them. and i believe they are cheaper than the xtr's, but call kevin at rapid revolutions 455-7553. he can price out both for you and he is a site sponsor.

and no, they are not the mudzilla, just the zilla. heres a link.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Plumbum, are you comparing the Zilla's to the Mud lights or the Mudlight XTR's. The mud lights and the XTR's are 2 totally different tires. Different tread, XTR's are Radial tires. Ive had both, I had Mudlights on my Honda 500 and they are night and day as well. If I had to by another tire for my gade I would be going with the exact same tire. I have now about 800km on my tires and they still look new, and they preform quite well.

There used to be atvtv on OLN and they tested all the tires. They had quite a good reports on tires and they showed if they cleared and all. On here that was the first reports I put on. Not sure what happened to that show, but im looking into it.

Top Bottom