Tires for 500XT.... 26' possible?

Mill Philler

Reaction score
I have my factory tires and rims in the back of my truck ready to go to buy new tires. Does anyone know if I can put 26" tires on the factory rims without making any other changes (spacers etc). The 500 has the Macpherson strut, and I thought I read or heard somewhere that 26" tires and rims off a 650/800 would not fit without rubbing somewhere. Any help on this question would be much appreciated.

I was thinking about Kenda Bear Claws or mud light T/A or XL.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have my factory tires and rims in the back of my truck ready to go to buy new tires. Does anyone know if I can put 26" tires on the factory rims without making any other changes (spacers etc). The 500 has the Macpherson strut, and I thought I read or heard somewhere that 26" tires and rims off a 650/800 would not fit without rubbing somewhere. Any help on this question would be much appreciated.

would depend more on the width of the tire as to whether spacers are required or not

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 27x9x12 on the front and 27x11x12 back with no problems on my 500 xt maxs

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I ran the wheels and tires from my 800 XT on my ol Lady's 400 for two seasons with no problems. (same chassis as the 500) Now we have 27" Zillas on it with aftermarket rims....

Top Bottom