Tires best bang for your buck

speenz21

Reaction score
hey everyone i have a 2009 can am 650 i was wondering on if you guys can give me advice on some new rubber for my bike i was looke at executioners and zillas and swamplites but i am weiling to try others thanks alot for all the time and effort........ thanks mike

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey everyone i have a 2009 can am 650 i was wondering on if you guys can give me advice on some new rubber for my bike i was looke at executioners and zillas and swamplites but i am weiling to try others thanks alot for all the time and effort........ thanks mike

Out of the three you have listed I would go with the Zillas. They have are all round good tire, wear very well, lots of grip for mud and any other kind of trail conditions and are a nice riding tire on hard trails as well. They are also the lightest tire available so you don't lose hardly any power. I rode mine hard and never had any punctures or holes at all other than popping the fronts of the bead once in awhile playing in the rutted mud holes(this can happen to any tire though) The swamplites I have heard are good for trails and mud as well but are quite heavy. The Executioners are quite rough for a trail tire, they are good in mud but are also quite heavy. Alot of guys run and like the mud bugs as well. They are nearly industructable and are great in mud and snow and reasonable for hard packed trails.
Also it depends on what kind of riding you are gonna be doing with them.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really like my mudbugs! they are great in the mud and snow, and not really bumpy on the trail. they also wear extremely well. i have had mine for 8 years now! the rears are worn a little and the fronts are almost like new still, and i bag the crap out of them

Last edited:

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been doin some reaserch on tire as well. I ride with lots of people with all different sorts of tires. It really depends on the type of rideing you do but for an all around tire i would recomend the mud bugs. There good in the mud and nice on the trail as well in my opinion the best all around tire. I will be getting a set some time in the near future. They are an awesome tire.

Bryle

Reaction score
You can get a full set of Mudbugs at BikeBandit.com really cheap. I priced some out for myself, with shipping/ duties included it's around $300. At the local dealerships/ tire shops there $150-160/tire. I am running Mudbugs right now and really like them, and for this price a guy can't go wrong.

Last edited:

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:iv had mud lites, mud bugs and zillas. the mudlites were ok on a light machine, the mudbugs only lasted 1000kms and werent very puncture resistant. iv got zillas on my 850 sportsman with 3300kms on the tires. they still look really good, great trail, mud, muskeg, snow and ice tire. they're the lightest and best performing tire iv owned. il probly get another 3300kms out of them

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got mud bugs on my honda and i love them. very good in the mud and absolutly wicked in the snow and the ride on hard trails does have some "shimmy" but no where near as bad as some tires out there. i will definatly be putting mud bugs on my wifes quad and am activly looking for 2~25X10(or 8)X12 for the front of mine

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got mudlite xtr's

Will try them on the weekend

Black08Brute

Reaction score
I'll put another vote in for Mud Bugs. I've got 7000 km on my honda's mud bugs and about 1700 miles on my kawis and would buy another set if I had to.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey arff im gonna be pulling the sway bar out of my 850. il let you know how it handles. might save you from buying the spacer kit

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
I'm just in the process of placing my order, but a friends took around 2 weeks give or take.

https://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/basket.asp

This is before shipping/ duties, it's around $330 in total.:beer:

Nice!!!! Thanks bud!!! for 26" tires? I think i'll give it a shot too!! seems like a pretty sweet deal, compared to everywhere else, and you gotta love that the CAD dollar is high right now too lol :d

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Executioners freeze in the winter, then have zero grip! A buddy of mine had them on a can-am 800 and couldnt go no were in the winter. But they worked well in the mud and skag.

Ryan14

Reaction score
Zillas chew good and are real light but silverbacks is where its at

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 27 swap lites for my 850 and so far so good they work good enough for what i do. they seam to clean out really good compared to mudlite xtr and they also grab alot beter. oh and arff you dont really need spacers for your xp i unbolted my sway bar links and flipped the sway bar backwards so it was sticking out the back and hooked up a come along between the to sides and bent it in about 1 inch on either side lots of room now. use a measuring tape to measure it before you start to bend it you have to suck it in about 4 inches before it will actually bent and stay bent but also dont go to far. hope this helps.

bikerboy4ever

Reaction score
You can get a full set of Mudbugs at BikeBandit.com really cheap. I priced some out for myself, with shipping/ duties included it's around $300. At the local dealerships/ tire shops there $150-160/tire. I am running Mudbugs right now and really like them, and for this price a guy can't go wrong.

I just ordered a set from them. Super cheep. My friend runs them and loves them. Im looking forward to getting these on my bike.

Top Bottom