Tire Options

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a all-around mud tire go bear claws. If you want a more
Mud Oriented tire while staying within a budget got Gators. You can get them for under 100 a piece

500 King

Reaction score
do I need a lift kit or wheel spacers with 28" zillas?

Zilla's run short. 28" will be about 27" tall (if that) when mounted... shouldn't need a lift. If you are putting them on stock rims, you'll probably need spacers on the front, which means you should probably put them all the way around.

Check the clearance between the tire and tie-rod end on the front and you'll see why.

Good luck.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zilla's run short. 28" will be about 27" tall (if that) when mounted... shouldn't need a lift. If you are putting them on stock rims, you'll probably need spacers on the front, which means you should probably put them all the way around.

Check the clearance between the tire and tie-rod end on the front and you'll see why.

Good luck.

I know about the tie rod when it get packed with snow on stock tires so thats why I ask. the engineer was pretty scotch with clearance on that part of the design. So what like 1" spacers? And from what your telling me is I could buy 28" tires and maybe only gain a 1/2" of clearance at best? seems like a raw deal so if I want true 28" get 29.5?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bighorn's are heavy, and are better for rocky, gravel terrain.

Zilla's don't break stuff, lift's and riding style does.

I'll keep my Zilla's until some better comes along, great in deep snow, mud and trails,..

But we all have choices, you just have to make one for yourself.

Mudzilla's are the big brother of the Zilla's strictly put out for mud, I do not recommend them.

If you want an all round tire

Mudbugs
Zilla's
Kenda Bearclaws
Big horns

Not listed in any specific order.

Zilla`s or Mud Bug`s would work well. Both excelent tires.Not a fan of Mudzilla`s specialy on the trail....The 4 you listed are all good tires.Stay away from ITP...imo

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had 27 mud bugs. Liked them and they wore great. 28 mud lites Ok but were prone to punctures and wore bad. 30 in zilla's love them and after 1 summer and a couple winter rides the wear great. They climb out of holes really well and have good side bite. Jason

Best tire i have ever run ,Amazing ground clearence and not much power loss. The best part not aggresive enough to break things.....imo

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen these tires? Might bee an awesome tire for mud.

Attachments

• BLACK MOMBA.jpg
    BLACK MOMBA.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 115

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen these tires? Might bee an awesome tire for mud.

I googled them also and WOW :eek: I think these might be something to watch for. Might possibly compete with silverbacks. I mean look at the sidewall lug they could be good in deep ruts but like someone else said they pry have stock in gorilla axle company!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at them at cycle works...almost blew a nut when I lifted it, they are retarded heavy.

500 King

Reaction score
And from what your telling me is I could buy 28" tires and maybe only gain a 1/2" of clearance at best?

Unfortunately, that's probably correct. We have a guy in our group that has 27" Zilla's. They look about the same height at my 25" Bighorns when the quads are side by side. He still thinks my Horns are 26" LOL. Of course, the Bighorns do run tall. He does like the Zilla's though, and wasn't going for a lot more GC when he bought them.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic cat 700 and1000 mud pro's come stock with zilla's . Just sayin

ChrisG

Reaction score
I was running 26" mudlites on my 500 sportsman and loved them. I now have 28" mudlites on my rzr and they sure do work well. im able to push alot of snow with them. Only flats ive had on the mudlites are because of nails/screws. I have yet to break off a lug or puncture it on the trail. I ripped the valve stem out once last fall and was able to ride it back flat 5KM. Replaced the valve stem at camp, pumped her up and NO DAMAGE! all though not the lightest tire out there, they are all around a great tire IMO.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 28" 'Zilla's and when I measure them they are 28" exactly. It also depends on how much air you got in 'em. My buddy has a 28" MudZilla and they are also 28".

Top Bottom