Tip's on Traveling to Grizzly Lodge

2skis

Reaction score
Good day all! Just looking for advice on our first trip to Grizzly lodge in regards to highway traveling. (Going Feb 17th) Wondering if we should have tire chains along or are winter tires sufficient enough on our two trucks one with 4 place enclosed and one 4 place open. Mainly wondering about the logging road leading into staging area.
We are travelin 17hours up from SK, any suggestions where to stay as close as possible to the Lodge? Would like to get an extra half day of riding in if we could stay close, get up early and arrive early.

Rkwhite

Reaction score
I would inquire with the lodge as to parking. Not really 4 place country, if the road is plowed past 12 km there is a considerable hill with switchbacks that can be bad and may require chains for trucks w/trailers. You don't want to find out half way up that you should have put chains on. lol. I have not been up there this year so can't comment first hand, but I heard they were unloading at the bridge at the bottom of the hill. Bring chains regardless!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Should be good to go, we needed chains in december due to rain then freeze, the lodge will give you the best idea, but by then it should be an easy drive in and a good turn around for the trailer and open and easy sailing up to the large from there...

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Always bring your chains. I know they are logging up the 670 and I did hear at xmas that the blueberry was plowed all the way through to the 1025 road so if that's the case it will be well travelled and very slick. Also you might want a radio. CO-OP north 157.320mhz. Have fun conditions are going to be excellent after that last dump of almost a meter. Cant wait to get back out that way. Don't worry about the highway being bad just closed. That's the ****ty par about coming from the east. Watch the weather ad if things are looking like its going to dump right around the time you will be travelling I would go early and get past rogers pass and 3valley gap.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quaaout Lodge is a great place to stay and very close. Talk to Adam about the road. I have never had to use chains but you should have them along.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree with chains being available to use if needed with a trailer. Last time i went in was warm and icy on way up. On way down was pushing snow with the grill on top of the ice. Conditions can change from time of report to time of arrival or departure

2skis

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone! Happy and safe riding!!

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were there just before Christmas. It was no problem pulling a 4-place in there. I believe we unloaded at km 10. We used tire chains though. I would suggest it just because of the high consequence of going over the side of that road if you spun out! Better safe than sorry. There was no logging at that time so we didn't need a radio. Have fun! It's a great place to stay and the terrain is awesome!

Top Bottom