Tips on holiday trailer flooring replacement

sleded1

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the flooring of their holiday trailer? If so,any products out there good/ bad/ indifferent, looking for flooring, no rug. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did laminate flooring in the motorhome,its been 3 years and still holding up.Very easy to do even with limited wood working skills,looks way better than vinyl.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my trailer in luxury vinyl plank from home depot. I used the grip strip stuff. Allure is the make. Its technically not rated for trailers but lots of reviews online. Can't say how it will hold up but it sure is a lot nicer than the old lino.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466722410533.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466722410533.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 245
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466723168655.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466723168655.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 240

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put this stuff in a few years ago. It just sticks together on 2 sides. Bought it at Home Depot. Pretty cheap and looks decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good quality glue less thick Lino is great & easy to work with .... The new flexible linoleum is pretty trick stuff !

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did my trailer in luxury vinyl plank from home depot. I used the grip strip stuff. Allure is the make. Its technically not rated for trailers but lots of reviews online. Can't say how it will hold up but it sure is a lot nicer than the old lino.
I have the exact same trailer, and my floor lifted too. I bought the Allure as well, but it's closer to the factory look.

It is nice to see how that looks and hopefully works out

sleded1

Reaction score
Excellent looks.. seems the more it can float the better, seems more cost effective than 1600 for trailer dealer to install their linoleum.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same trailer, and my floor lifted too. I bought the Allure as well, but it's closer to the factory look.

It is nice to see how that looks and hopefully works out
Did you cut out the old lino before putting down the allure? It says you can lay over but I cut mine out. We wanted to go with something a little different colour as the floor was too close to the cupboard and other wood in the trailer.

Its amazing how much a few changes can make to the look of a trailer. Its not fully completed in this picture but here's a before and after of the kitchen.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466771595195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466771595195.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 190
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466771609098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466771609098.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 189

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent looks.. seems the more it can float the better, seems more cost effective than 1600 for trailer dealer to install their linoleum.
Why would you get a trailer dealer to install flooring ? Just do it your self or find a flooring guy.....
The trailer guys can't do it right in the first place ......lol

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I did the allure non sticking vinyl laminate looks awesome now 3 years later the seems are starting to open up from bouncing down the road

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys that used laminate or vinyl plank, how did it stick to the floor? Any problems with the freeze/thaw popping it loose? Any signs of flex or vibration working it loose?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys that used laminate or vinyl plank, how did it stick to the floor? Any problems with the freeze/thaw popping it loose? Any signs of flex or vibration working it loose?
Its a floating floor so it doesn't stick underneath, just together. You need to leave at least 1/8 inch gap so it can move around.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

Mine is floating I used the vinyl laminate it was about 8" x 36" it locks together like laminate but really flexible went down good left gaps under the trim but in the center of the trailer there must be a crown or just real flexible there the seam popped open so you see a gap still looks good we just live with it. If i was to redo it I would regular wood laminate by buddies 5th wheel was done 10 years ago still looks brand new no movement or gaps and his is floating also

Top Bottom