Tippy as all balls...

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2004 Rev Summit X 800 Highmark, 159". It sucks. straight line, it's mint. try and turn it out, and it tips the frick over. my friends would mock me and tell me I couldn't ride..until they ride it. They do one turn, drive it back and give it back. They hate it. I hate it. it doesn't like to turn, then when you do get her to carve, she just flops over. I'm at a loss. Ive ridden a friends sled, which is identical, and its fine. I have put all my suspension setting to match his sled, and no help...It was suggested that the nitrogen in the front shocks needs recharged..could it be this simple? i'm at a loss for wtf to do this season....Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buuy yourself a pro rmk >
So I have a 2004 Rev Summit X 800 Highmark, 159". It sucks. straight line, it's mint. try and turn it out, and it tips the frick over. my friends would mock me and tell me I couldn't ride..until they ride it. They do one turn, drive it back and give it back. They hate it. I hate it. it doesn't like to turn, then when you do get her to carve, she just flops over. I'm at a loss. Ive ridden a friends sled, which is identical, and its fine. I have put all my suspension setting to match his sled, and no help...It was suggested that the nitrogen in the front shocks needs recharged..could it be this simple? i'm at a loss for wtf to do this season....Any suggestions?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2004 Rev Summit X 800 Highmark, 159". It sucks. straight line, it's mint. try and turn it out, and it tips the frick over. my friends would mock me and tellI need to get that parking pass back please. me I couldn't ride..until they ride it. They do one turn, drive it back and give it back. They hate it. I hate it. it doesn't like to turn, then when you do get her to carve, she just flops over. I'm at a loss. Ive ridden a friends sled, which is identical, and its fine. I have put all my suspension setting to match his sled, and no help...It was suggested that the nitrogen in the front shocks needs recharged..could it be this simple? i'm at a loss for wtf to do this season....Any suggestions?

Well do u still have the side hiller skis on it. My 04 didn't even go 5 feet and them came off. The best skis I found was pilot 6.9 with the skis in the middle.
I take it its both ways. Well without riding it to tell u its more extreme dunno.
Does it have the narrow control arms ??
If its easy to get over that's what a guy wants. Miss my rev compard my xp for the easy of pulling it over.

Buuy yourself a pro rmk >

Baaaaaaaaaaaa. Y would he want a tippyer , odd steering , p.o.s po po ????

sent from my htc

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chop out ur steering stabilizers,,and move ur steering post forward 2-3 inches,(its free)

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tex78 - That is the only difference between the sleds I've tried, all the other rev's have the XP skis on them....Mine are stock....I think maybe you've nailed it...I'll have to scrounge up a set of skis

Bighorn1 - I've got 4 polaris' in my stable. and I hate them. except the quad. it's ok.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. 6.9 works the best. I Tryed many skis.

Also do the steering forward mod as powder said.

Have to drill one hole. Where the top steering mount is there's 2 bolts and a plastic 2 , 1/2 block mount. If u move the block up so the bottom bolt hole lines up to the top , drill out for the other bolt and wala.

At the top

sent from my htc

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are pilot 6.9 skies made by ski-doo they new ski-doo sleds come out with the pilot DS skies. The skies you have are probably pilot 5.7. If you can post a pic we could tell you for sure what you got. The 6.9's I think are only $200 for a pair! They are the best I found for my rev they work very well,

Top Bottom