Time to upgrade??

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isn't enough desire to release a 4 stroke turbo in the mountain chassis. Although %60 of summit sales come from east of the Rockies so who knows what BRP really wants to do.

I don't think there will be a weight drop but a hp increase in a larger bore. Might have a 9 in it.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isn't enough desire to release a 4 stroke turbo in the mountain chassis. Although %60 of summit sales come from east of the Rockies so who knows what BRP really wants to do.

I don't think there will be a weight drop but a hp increase in a larger bore. Might have a 9 in it.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Just taking a look around the hill I would say you are right. Not many of the 'm1100 compared to the new 2 strokes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's because no one wants to ride a pussy cat in the mountains, I leave that for when I'm at home. If doo came out with a 4 stroke turbo I would jump all over that.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could always mod a Gade 1200XR but takes alot of money to make it not be a tank in the mountains. Would be more like an Apex when your done.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way to much money, but they handle way better then any nytro apex or vector I have drove. Would like to try the cat 1100.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the other engines for any brand over 800cc could ever stay together.

maxwell, I'm definitely not a Cat guy, but I have not heard about many engine failures on the M1000. I may very well be wrong so please feel free to correct me.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell, I'm definitely not a Cat guy, but I have not heard about many engine failures on the M1000. I may very well be wrong so please feel free to correct me.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

no you are correct. they do fail but not like the polaris 900 and doo 1000. but the problem with the m1000 is that it makes damn near the same HP as the etec or the new m800 with the HO motor. hence why they cancelled that engine package.

Top Bottom